What's in the Garage Video

hullinger

A while ago a buddy of mine thought it would be a cool idea to do a video titled "What's in the Garage".  Sort of a way to enjoy the hobby during the doldrums of the winter.  Well, this past weekend I gave it a shot to see how it would come out.  Take a look and let me know.  I figure there are lots of opportunities here as the weather turns cold and if this gets any traction, there could be plenty more in the works.

Chris

Edited by hullinger (see edit history)
  • Like 1

i seem to remember quite a few 57's with the trunk moulding. another 57 only thing, was running the tailpipes thru the back bumper. most were thru cut outs below the back up lights, and a few were thru where the back up light is. problem with those was, it caused the bumper to rust out prematurly. love those delaware videos, half the fun is figuring out about where they are. i've lived all over this state, faster, and slower, lower.  keep up the good work.

On 11/16/2016 at 7:17 PM, Xander Wildeisen said:

There are a ton of 57 Chevrolets around here, and I have never seen that trim before on a car or old trunk lid. Was it a 57 year only item?

Xander, Neil stated that trim piece on the truck lip is a '57 item only.  

26 minutes ago, cheezestaak2000 said:

i seem to remember quite a few 57's with the trunk moulding. another 57 only thing, was running the tailpipes thru the back bumper. most were thru cut outs below the back up lights, and a few were thru where the back up light is. problem with those was, it caused the bumper to rust out prematurly. love those delaware videos, half the fun is figuring out about where they are. i've lived all over this state, faster, and slower, lower.  keep up the good work.

Thanks for the comment and I do the same thing whenever I see a video I like.  I study the topography trying to guess where in the country or world it might be.

I have seen that trim on 57 Chevrolets, no idea if a factory accessory or aftermarket.  Hoever J.C. Whtiney had a lot of stuuf for bling in those days.  Often cars were overloaded with do-dads, it was a sign of the times.