1936 Chrysler C7 Airstream Headlights Lenses

Guest Claudia Dominguez

Guest Claudia Dominguez

Hello! 

Can someone guide me on where I can find the headlight lenses and the chrome rings for a 1936 Chrysler Airstream C7 Touring Sedan also measurement for them? 

Please help!!!! 

Thank you 

IMG_0419.JPG

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_4497.JPG

On 11/2/2016 at 11:53 PM, Claudia Dominguez said:

Hello! 

Can someone guide me on where I can find the headlight lenses and the chrome rings for a 1936 Chrysler Airstream C7 Touring Sedan also measurement for them? 

Please help!!!! 

Thank you 

First let me tell you, you have a great car to work with.  Fairly complete looking.  I've got several of these 36 Chrysler C7 models. Now the bad new.  I've looked for good headlight buckets, and chrome, for over 20 years. Your not going to fine it.  The best you can do, is work with what you have.  The lens can be found, but be sure you are getting the correct lens. The problem with these cars are they have numerous parts that were one year only, and only C7/C8.  This makes these parts extremely

hard to find.  Worst yet, these headlights are wanted by hot rodders, becasue of there size, so, all the junk yards are completely picked over.   You could also try a light off another vehicle such as a dodge or a Plymouth.  Wouldn't look as good but would work.  What ever you do don't give up......

Good luck

ERic

Guest Claudia Dominguez

Thank you for your great advice!

It is a beautiful and very elegant car, I love it and for that reason I won't give up :) 

It's coming along slowly but it will be a beauty at the end. 

Thank you again Eric!!! 

IMG_6622.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest Carlos Ruiz

Car is looking cool! Keep up the good work! I just picked up a 36' Airstream and looking forward to building it back up!