A cat in the barn

PWB

17 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

They are still out there. Here's the one I bought a couple of years ago. Parked in my garage with the Riviera, closer on topic.

1961, car #3114 sitting under a truck cap for 40 years.

Goodness! Appears it was under the Baltic Sea for 40 years. Passion would exceed most finances in that endeavor. What became of it? :ph34r:

It was an early unit, carefully examined, and used as a reference for the most recent revision of this book:

http://www.daltonwatson.com/Jaguar-E-Type-Six-Cylinder-Originality-Guide-s/1968.htm

Passion exceeds the finances of most worth endeavors. I have had 7 Jaguars. It was the only one that didn't leak. Somewhere I have a picture of a bag of kitty litter leaning against a Mark VII front bumper.

Bernie

Wow, that's THE E-Type go-to book! Should have hit the press by now. That's going on my shelf for X-mas.

Hope you got some credit in the book.

Has ROA considered publishing a comprehensive Riviera book? We sure have enough data. Barns and Noble will sell anything.

Thanks!

Jaguar-cover-thumb.jpg

I just sold one of many cars they studied since book's first version in 1991. Because of the VIN it may get restored. Delivered new in Miami, black with a red interior.

As of today the book is still in editing, expected release in 2 months. Mike and Tom, the authors had a real good time going over that car and examining the details. Their first book is an icon, available on Amazon from $50 to $100+.

I always look at the Jaguar sedans as kind of a British Buick; solid, good performance. The early '90's Buicks had a real similar ogee to the XJ6 sedans. I notice it when I meet them on the road, but both are getting less common.

3 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

I always look at the Jaguar sedans as kind of a British Buick; solid, good performance. The early '90's Buicks had a real similar ogee to the XJ6 sedans. I notice it when I meet them on the road, but both are getting less common.

I can see that comparison.  I had a '92 Le Sabre and I really liked the look, ride and overall performance.  That 3800 SFI was a great engine.  Nearly 30 mpg on the highway - a nice car that finally succumbed to the CNY road salt...  :(