Sign in to follow this  
NYBuickGuy

1956 Buick Roadmaster

Lovely car, and it is a great driver, and I should know, as I've had one over 40 years! The seat material looks so nice, is this original? Or redone in the correct cloth?

I have a question about the A/C. This looks like an aftermarket unit, as the compressor is different, and it lacks the centre vent in the upper dash panel.

Beautiful!

Keith

Keith,

Sharp eyes on the A/C installation! That compressor is not an original Buick installation--it actually looks like the one on my factory air-conditioned 1958 Rambler. The factory compressor on a 1956 Buick is fat and round (cylindrical shape).

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Just a couple of detail questions . . . shouldn't the seat back frames be stainless, as in '54/'55 Roadmaster?  Shouldn't the top of the radiator tank be rounded, instead of flat as in '54/'55?  

Gorgeous Roadmaster!

Car looks to have been repainted, the interior is a black color code while the outside is Dover White over Electric Blue. The headlight bezels also aren't painted. Still looks better than mine. :(

• Like 1