25 master distributor parts

garnetkid

I am looking for a new rotor to complete a bit of a tune up on my car.  Bob's Automobile has the cap which I have on order.  I have found a rotor advertised on another site for $150.00 (ouch!)  Would like to know the part # , possibly Delco Remy, so that I can refine my search.  I do believe that the part is the same for the standard six as well.  Any leads are most welcome.  Thanks,  Leon

There are several on e-bay usually for around $60.00. Still ouch...... A 1925-45 near me was for sale several years ago and the owner's father had replaced the crumbling die cast distributer with an International truck one. I would love to know how and what model distributer it was.

9 hours ago, dibarlaw said:

There are several on e-bay usually for around $60.00. Still ouch...... A 1925-45 near me was for sale several years ago and the owner's father had replaced the crumbling die cast distributer with an International truck one. I would love to know how and what model distributer it was.

I seem to recall some local people switching their distributor over to the ones used on the early Holden's so you might be able to get away with that

Jim:

The distributor looks great and my friend Dave B gave me one from a Chevy to try.  Looks like I have some experimental/ machining to do! 

DSCF1853.JPG

The left side distributor is cast iron and is in the car now. The one on the right is what came in my car. It had about .030 play and if you put finger pressure on it the engine would die. No place for grease to get to the bearings.