August AACA Speedster Typo regarding the 2019 Grand National?

charlier

First of all, Congrats to Mike Jones on receiving the Buick Centennial Award!!!

In the article about Mike's award it mentions that the American Motorcar Complex in Allentown, PA will be the site for the  AACA Grand National in 2019. Normally, the Grand Nationals alternate between the East & West in even and odd numbered years. 2016 was Williamsport, PA.  2017 Kansas City Region. 2018 would be an Eastern Region. Wouldn't 2019 normally be a Western region's Grand National? So this begs the question is the Allentown, PA Grand National really taking place in 2019 or is it a typo and it is taking place in 2020?

Regardless of what year the Grand National is, THANKS for the heads up.  Looking forward to seeing the American Motorcar Complex as a Grand National Site.

No doubt our friend Steve M. can clear this up. Thanks in Advance.

Edited by charlier (see edit history)

Charlie,

All depends on a Region stepping up to the plate and hosting an AGNM.  Possibly no Region West of the Mississippi volunteered to host in 2019 so maybe that is why it is in Allentown.  On the other hand if no Region steps up the BOD could simply vote not to hold an AGNM for a particular year.  Let's wait for Wayne Burgess or Steve Moskowitz to chime in.

Regards,

Peter J.

I seem to recall reading the answer to that question in a recent discussion somewhere on the forum. I think that I remember it being discussed that no Western Region stepped up to host it so it will be in Allentown in 2019 in spite of the traditional East/West rotation.

3 hours ago, charlier said:

First of all, Congrats to Mike Jones on receiving the Buick Centennial Award!!!

In the article about Mike's award it mentions that the American Motorcar Complex in Allentown, PA will be the site for the  AACA Grand National in 2019. Normally, the Grand Nationals alternate between the East & West in even and odd numbered years. 2016 was Williamsport, PA.  2017 Kansas City Region. 2018 would be an Eastern Region. Wouldn't 2019 normally be a Western region's Grand National? So this begs the question is the Allentown, PA Grand National really taking place in 2019 or is it a typo and it is taking place in 2020?

Regardless of what year the Grand National is, THANKS for the heads up.  Looking forward to seeing the American Motorcar Complex as a Grand National Site.

Well guys, some of Charlie's statement is true:

Independence, MO   June 15-17 2017

Greensburg, PA May 31-June 3,  2018

As you can see only the two events posted above are in stone. The Grand National for 2019 has not been voted on by the Board, so it is not yet fact.

Speaking of East versus West though, which is currently the rule, you do know how rules go? Yes, they can be changed at any time. The Board is chasing all Regions and Chapters now to cover the 2017 Vintage Tour for next year. That's right, even at this late date, this event is not filled. We have talked to two different regions, but members of some regions do not want to host events. The Board has said that we will do whatever it takes to help clubs put on events. The Buzzards Breath Region has even said that they will help a region or club host an event. They can handle tour registration, help produce tour books, figure out day mileages, etc. So, as VP of Activities, please help me fill this big hole in our calendar! 

Wayne

804-313-1983

On 8/31/2016 at 6:08 PM, R W Burgess said:

Wayne,

Thanks so much for answering my question regarding the 2019 Grand National. No doubt once the Board has made a decision, AACA members will be informed.

Hope to see you at Fall Hershey this year. Somehow I missed you at the New Jersey Meet and the Grand National at Williamsport this year.

• Like 1