62 Skylark Convertible

Guest daclater

Guest daclater

215 v8 dual path auto, (non-matching motor number)

runs good

new tires, new upholstery and carpet, newer convertible top

minor body and paint dings- no rust

located in Kingman Arizona

$4000

DSC_0466.JPG

DSCN2309.JPG

16266_100960373264871_100000527264834_24261_1855660_n.jpg

tnt open door.JPG

Looks like a really neat entry-level car at a fair price-

Wish I had more room in the garage since my wife always liked this style Buick & Olds

Guest daclater

It would be a great project car- I had one in high school and intended to fix this one up a few years ago but have run out of room- and time.

6 minutes ago, daclater said:

It would be a great project car- I had one in high school and intended to fix this one up a few years ago but have run out of room- and time.

what does it need to be a dependable cross-country tour-driver and an every-day grocery getter?

Does it have A/C?

Guest daclater

No AC. Power steering unit leaks so needs to be checked daily. Transmission sometimes hesitates to engage in reverse- as I understand it, dual path has a switch that reverses the flow rather than dedicated reverse bands- not sure if that is where an issue is.  I drive it once a week or so around town. Steering and suspension could use a general tightening up.

Guest daclater

I'll tell you everything I know about the car. Odometer reads 17710 so if it's original I'm guessing 117710. I first saw this car in 2000 when the father of my daughter's friend obtained it from the estate of the original owners. I don't think it had run for a time at that point. I know that he drove it as a daily driver until about 2006 when I lost track of it. In 2009 I was contacted by him to see if I was interested because he knew I was looking for one. It had not been driven for a year or two at that time. I assume the engine was swapped either in 2000 when he got the car or somewhere between then and 2009 when I bought it.

Since then, I have done only tune up and general maintainance on the engine, I flushed and changed all fluids, including a new filter on the transmission. I had intended to do more work on it and have it repainted, but never really had the time to put into it that I should have. It has been in my garage the whole time I've owned it.

Go for it Thriller !

I've not yet sold the Corvette or Corvair, and am being reminded of that on a regular basis.

you buy and repair it, then host a tour and invite us to Winnipeg

Grin. I have hosted a couple local tours on a Labour Day weekend and some Gopher State Chapter members came up to join a few local BCA members. It was fun. Suzanne getting sick threw a wrench in that a few years back...we had been doing it every other year and I've been getting some pressure to resurrect it.