ITS HOT, I THINK I'LL FIX SOMETHING

LAS VEGAS DAVE

8 hours ago, LAS VEGAS DAVE said:

. I still want to take a long trip in it, maybe 2000 miles with my wife while we still can. Once I get it completely finished we will start thinking about that. I see a rare group of other guys that have done it and its on my bucket list.

Its just under 1800 miles from Vegas to Brookfield, WI, the site of next year's BCA National Meet....

Denver in 2018 would be a shorter drive, but last I heard that still wasn't official. 

24 minutes ago, Thriller said:

Its just under 1800 miles from Vegas to Brookfield, WI, the site of next year's BCA National Meet....

Denver in 2018 would be a shorter drive, but last I heard that still wasn't official. 

Wichita, Kansas is about 1300 miles via OKC.  LOTS of primo Route 66 along that route.  It would make a nice 'test run'... :D

I also have a big gap from 1920 to 1940 in my pre-registered cars I'm trying to fill, and you'd pretty certainly clinch the Long-Haul award.  ;)

4 hours ago, LAS VEGAS DAVE said:

Thanks, you did share it with me and I saved it. What I am finding is that the clocks seem to be easy enough to clean and get running but the electromagnet winding gizmo is more prone to failure than the clock. I clean the points and thats about all I can do. The one in the car worked for about 6 months and now has stopped. I will fix it as I have many parts and the clock face in the car is a real nice one.

I would look closely and make sure that all of the points that need to be lubricated are lubricated with clock oil. Often one that works for a while like that and stops indicates a lubrication issue. If you are not using clock oil, that could be your problem. Other oils dry out and make the clock stop.

14 minutes ago, MCHinson said:

I would look closely and make sure that all of the points that need to be lubricated are lubricated with clock oil. Often one that works for a while like that and stops indicates a lubrication issue. If you are not using clock oil, that could be your problem. Other oils dry out and make the clock stop.

I use clock oil from Germany that comes in a hypodermic type lube needle. I have no doubt that I can get the clock working again. The Radio was a harder project and the OVERDRIVE took awhile and was somewhat expensive but not actually very hard. No project on the old car has been to hard yet and I am just an average mechanic.  What I love about the old cars is the fact that an old guy like me with some basic tools can keep them running and even make them pristine. I have a new truck and a late model car and both have to go to the dealers for almost everything. I open the hood and immediately shut it again, they just look to complicated. We are leaving for ten days on Friday and when we get back the Buick should be painted or very close to it. 

4 hours ago, LAS VEGAS DAVE said:

Thanks for the info. If there is a meet in DENVER that would be a great trip from here and thru some great roads. We could stretch it out some in a loop and make a memorable road trip out of it. Are they usually in July?

Dave,

IF the have the meet in Denver, a nice day trip would be out to Buena Vista, Co. where it is cool and a very pretty drive, with no scary mountain roads.

Second thought, in looking at your new paint job. Seeing that you have bright red wheels, have you ever thought of adding a bright red stripe to your side chrome trim ? You could try it with striping tape first, just to see how it looks.

It may not be "kosher" to the purists out there, but I like it on mine.

Here's mine.

Mike in Colorado

100_1789.jpg

• Like 1

Dave,

I WILL be in Vegas in January for the "Shot Show", in mid January.

I'll be working the booth for M+M Ind. One Bad A$$ 7.62x39 assault platform.

I'll have an extra day or two, so maybe we can get together then.

Love to meet Buick folks and swap stories.

Had a GREAT time at Mr. Earls country plantation last fall on the way to Florida , and Ms. Rita served us a great meal.

Any Buick folks are more than welcome at our cabin in the mountains, and B.V. is only a 3 hour trip from downtown Denver.

Mike in Colorado