1925 Business Sedan Windshield Closure

I've tried finding a suitable rubber molding that will close the gap between the upper and lower windshield glasses but no soap.

As shown in the attached photos the window frames touch, metal to metal, so there is nothing I can do about that.

Meyers shows an "m molding" which I and a friend (with whom I discussed this issue) are interested in knowing if, in fact, that molding will seal the gap....... :huh:

First the molding DSCN0571.JPG

DSC_0002_11.JPG

DSC_0005_05.JPG

I did install the M-molding and it does the job.  However, when driving at speed the wind pressure on the top windshield would begin to push the molding off (I have it mounted on bottom windshield).  I found it necessary to glue the molding on to stop this from happening (I used black silicone).  I think I need to put stiffer springs in my windshield angle adjusters because the top window will not stay angled due to same pressure (it pops back down to closed position).

• Like 1

Back again Been having a chat to my old mate Google and he put me on to another mob called Old Era Services  in New South Wales  The rubber you need is advertised at $9.00 Plus postage to the U.S.Hope this helps Just trying to be a helpful neighbor Good luck Ron

• Like 1

Thanks for those Ron....... :) .......but I'm still not sure either of those will do the trick as the Dodge Sedan windshield panes overlap rather than meet in the same plane as on my '19 Model T Touring.

I can see Meyer's molding doing the job IF the part that closes the gap sticks out far enough to contact the other pane....... :unsure:

I'm going to call Meyer's today to see what they have say about it.

BTW......here's the molding Ron mentions in the above post >>> http://www.oldera.com.au/split-screen-glass-to-glass-h-section/#ProductReviews

Not real familiar with later sedans, but I have feeling your windshield closes different then in your second picture. Shouldn't the upper section lift up to lock into the bottom section so they are on the same plane? Closed as you have in the second picture the car could still be gotten into from the outside when locked.  If so the "h" piece that Myers sells would be what you are looking for. I would think it explains it in the Book of Information or at least has a good picture to look at. Don't recall ever seeing the " m" shaped piece on a DB.

They are different on open cars......hence the problem.

nearchoclatetown.......a friend has the same Sedan and his has the same "problem".

I called Meyer's today but didn't get an answer........ :( 

However after checking Meyer's serial number listing THEIR information suggests MINE (A131422) is a late 1924 which is news to me....... 

Edited by cahartley (see edit history)