Gas Pedal Ball Studs: Feeler

Hello all,

In restoring my 32' Olds, I need to make up some gas pedal ball studs. Speaking with a few other Olds owners, it seems that the originals would often rust and break. I inquired with a machine shop about making up some out of a very strong, high tensile strength Stainless Steel. Of course, the initial programming and then the set up of the machine is where the cost is. It would be best to make at least 50 units or 25 pairs (2 per pedal) with the cost running $22-$28 pair. What I don't know is what other year Oldsmobiles use these and do Buicks, Pontiacs, etc. also use them. Are there other people that would be interested in a pair for their car. Please respond here if you have knowledge of other cars that use these studs or interest in purchasing a pair.

Thanks, Ted

Stud dimensions:

overall length: 2 3/8"

Stud: 1/4 x 20

Ball: Approx. 3/8"

IMG00605-20160405-1229.jpg

1 hour ago, vintchry said:

Have you checked with the Chevrolet people or Buick? May already be done. Rob

That's why I'm posting here, to see if any other cars use this same stud and if there's interest.

46 minutes ago, Bhigdog said:

McMaster-Carr stocks all kinds of ball studs of different materials including SS. While not an exact match there may be something there that would be easily adaptable/modified.............Bob

I restore my cars to as close to original as I can and that is what I'm looking for. If they have some that can be modified to be exact I will see. If not, still in the same boat, but thanks for the heads up.

10 minutes ago, real61ss said:

The Corvette vendors have them for sure. Google Zip Corvette and look at part # ws 266

Very familiar with the linkage ball studs and they aren't even close. These plain steel ones cost about as much as it will cost me to make up the correct ones.