Intake Manifold finish colors - 1949 Buicks

Dan O

I shot my intake manifold with paint I acquired from Cars, Inc. for my 1949 Buick engine today.  Take a look at the photos.  Is that the right color?  There is so little blue in it compared to what I have seen on the interweb and here. It just does not look right - way too green. What do you folks have to say?

Not sure what Buick was thinking back in those days but I always thought the engine colors had more in common with an industrial engine (read "tractor") than some thing called a Fireball!  Most boring engine color ever.  But I'm going with it.

I also attached a photo of what I thought would be in the can.

IMG_4844.JPG

IMG_4843.JPG

uyf.jpg

Edited by Dan O (see edit history)

The one from CARS i right on. When I did my '50, I had another one setting beside it  The second one still had some paint on the valve cover,. I could tell no difference when spraying a squirt beside the original paint.  I too like the blue, but it is not correct. May use it on thr 263 I am building for my '50. What is it for?

Ben

Ben - Really?  That greenish turqouise color is correct?  I am so tempted to hit it with something eye popping.  You open the hood of a '49 and it's so blah.  The cars themselves are hot but the engine bay has nada - two horns maybe.  Nothing else.  This is going on my 49 76s which is mechanically ok but has surface rust and dents from driving it as a ranch car in Texas.  Hit a few cedar trees and stumps in its day. 

Any other observations from members?  There was only one engine color in 1949, right?  Why do I see blue sometimes, as seen above, and why this turqouise?

Edited by Dan O (see edit history)