Favorite Pictures of My Buick Opel

MrEarl

We all like pictures! Sooooo...

This thread is for posting pictures of YOUR Buick Opel. Just pictures and a brief description. It will help us all know who has what and sort of put a car to a person so to speak.

Still post more detailed pictures and dialogue in the Me and My Buick forum please!

So let's see them! and who knows, maybe your car will end up featured in a calendar some day.

On 3/27/2016 at 9:32 AM, MrEarl said:

Did not realize you had an Opel Matt. ;)

Just trying to help you out, Mr. Earl.  Yer picture gallery was looking a little thin down here.

For the record, I'm an Opel owner by proxy.  My J-bodies and my wife's Saturn are powered by Opel designed engines, but that's as close as I get right now.  One of these days I might buy a GT, but I dig the Manta, too (I'd also take a turbo Calibra or Speedster, but they don't make it across the pond very often).  These are pix I shot at a local car show about 5 years ago, and I haven't seen the car since.  No, these aren't MY Opel, but when I buy one you will be the f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ third to know.

• 4 weeks later...

Do Baby Pictures count, Mr. Earl? These are my babies. I aspire one day to being the father again of a real live Opel.

Opel 60X.jpg

1960 Rekord Car A Van

Opel 62AdjX.jpg

1962 Rekord Car A Van, similar to my first car (at age 15), a '65 Car A Van.

58 60 Opel Rekord Kapitan 2X.jpg

A '60 Kapitan and '58 Rekord, for the record...;)

TG

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TG57Roadmaster said:

Do Baby Pictures count, Mr. Earl? These are my babies. I aspire one day to being the father again of a real live Opel.

I think the pickins are thin enough down here that we can't afford to be choosy.

Great shots all, TG.  You've inspired me to try to get my Speedster out for a photo shoot this week...

I haven't gotten my (yes, Speedo, these are mine) Opels out yet for a nice scenic shot like TG's yet, but I just happened to run across this pic while looking for something else.  Both of the smaller ones had started out purple, but I had just stripped and repainted the little yellow one.  I don't remember if I finished the details on it or not... 

Opels.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Tri-shield

I'd like to post these pics as being of MY Opel but I was the 2nd place bidder for this beauty back in March of 2013. This '75 Manta was a donated car; auctioned off by a salvage outfit. Looked to be exceptionally nice and original - wonder where it is now - and who the owner is?  

15063713_1X.jpg

15063713_4X.jpg

15063713_5X.jpg

15063713_7X.jpg

Edited by Tri-shield (see edit history)

Speaking of ROCKING,,,,

In the 80's we owned a hardware store here in Indy.  One day while looking out the front door I noticed a wagon parked away from other cars, I noticed it was ROCKING.  It had curtains toooooooo, I kept watchin and soon a lady climbed out, brushed her skirt, and calmly walk a few rows over and got in her car and drove OFF.  I'm guessin that was the second OFF experience for her that afternoon, hehe

Dale in Indy