28 headlamp assembly?

jreeder41

That is similar to the set up that is on my car The park light globe holder go in the reflector and the main plug fits int the headlight body There is a screw and a spring which hold the main headlight globe holder in the headlight body The screw goes in the threaded L bracket on the globe holder when assembling the globe holder is already in the light you then fit the globe sockets to the reflector and then the globes Hope what I have tried to explain has been of help I am not smart enough to be able to add pictures 

I was under the impression that the bulb holder slipped into the reflector socket. If it doesn't, something must have been changed. Did you take it apart? Are there any new parts that you did not have before?

Ok now I'm starting to narrow it down. I have 5 reflectors. 2 with one bulb holder, two with two spring retained bulb holders and one that the harnesses I have fit. The single reflector does not fit the headlamp buckets though. It is larger and deeper. What nightmare lol

Does your car have cowl lamps? If so, you probably have the incorrect reflectors with the two holes. Cars with cowl lamps had no need for an extra bulb in the headlamp.

Guest DodgeKCL

I just thought I would put in my 2 cents. I think the technology has been lost over the years as to how to put the bulb in the socket correctly. I ran across it a number of years ago from an older guy now gone. If look at the bulb you will see the filaments are small straight lines from post to post. When you put the bulb in it's socket make sure you align it so the filament(s) are horizontal. In fact the high beam filament should be in the 'center' of the reflector and the low beam should be 'above' it. This is so when the low beam is on it's light hits the upper part of the reflector and is then aimed down toward the road ahead. However the high beam filament ,being in the center, all of it's light hits the whole reflector and goes straight ahead. Hope that came out right. (Brake lights and running lamps should be aligned the same way.) 

Incidentally, the Victory Six headlights had two bulbs each whether or not the car had cowl lights.

The correct headlights would be drum style with a raised feature stamped on top more or less in the shape of a "Vee." with a rib extending down the back side of the drum. It looks as if you are working of the sport headlight setup.

Incidentally, the Victory Six headlights had two bulbs each whether or not the car had cowl lights.

The correct headlights would be drum style with a raised feature stamped on top more or less in the shape of a "Vee." with a rib extending down the back side of the drum. It looks as if you are working of the sport headlight setup.

I stand corrected regarding the two bulbs in the headlamp.