wind wings

Rich Janouskovec

Typically with the center rod and plates at each end those are probably 31-33 closed cars. The rod supports the end plates against the frame of the window opening, tightening to give them the tension needed to hold a position and not flop around. If the top and bottom are tapered, then my thought is 32-33, by 34 many cars were coming out with vent windows and these were obsolete then. Biflex made many accessories for cars in the 20's and early 30's. For what it is worth, Rob

Hey Rich, go to classicaccessories.org , and under heading " WINDWINGS 1920s-1930s Open and closed cars" , you may find something similar to compare. There is a pretty good selection. Roy Lassen , now up in his 90s ( ! ) and his grandson Danny have mountains of ancient stuff in Santa Barbara , Ca. I always find some cool accessories when I visit (especially a great Taylor trunk for my 1927 Cadillac sedan). - Carlpost-139274-0-16439200-1456108531_thumb.

If they are an accessary item, they probably are a generic piece, that was made to fit several designs. I agree that they are probably for a dual cowl phaeton. I would check out AACA car shows and see what comes close to the one that you have.