Oil test data & my experience with Oil Extreme additive

Trulyvintage

I am on the road just about every day. 

I drive an F350 CC Dually w/ a 7.3 PSD & a manual ZF five speed tranny - usually I am towing 10,000 pounds. 

I have tried oil additives over the years along with several brands and oil weight combinations. 

Recently I ran across independent oil testing data performed & published by an individual: 

https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/ 

Although lengthy & arduous it was fascinating to read. 

The oil additive that consistently seemed to have proven measured results was Oil Extreme: 

http://www.oilextreme.com/oil1.html 

I called & talked with the owner Dan - then ordered a 16 ounce bottle. 

For my truck I chose this oil from the test data link above: 

113. 5W40 MOBIL 1 TURBO DIESEL TRUCK synthetic, API CJ-4, CI-4 Plus, CI-4, CH-4 and ACEA E7 = 74,312 psi 
zinc = 1211 ppm 
phos = 1168 ppm 
moly = 2 ppm 

I have been running Mobil 1 synthetic oil filters since they came out a couple years ago. 

My engine takes 15 quarts so I added the recommended 15 ounces. 

Then I drove a few hundred miles .... 

I noticed an immediate gain in horsepower - fuel economy - performance. 

I will be adding Oil Extreme to my ZF manual transmission & my 4:10 rear differential. 

Jim

snake oil since unless u gained 50 hp u wouldn't notice it

Your opinion is based on ????

Some folks thought K & N air filters were " Snake Oil " when they first came out ....

Easy to criticize what you don't understand ...

I did my homework on independent oil test data I found to be sound & in the process found

a link to an obscure oil additive company in Wisconsin that has been around for years ...

I called & spoke with the owner Dan before I ordered.

I am receiving no compensation of any type for posting.

Just sharing firsthand experience with a product that actually works for me.

For those interested - there is additional technical information located here which also includeds test data from K & N Engineering

http://www.oilextreme.com/tech1.html

Jim

Edited by Trulyvintage (see edit history)

I use and hear really good things about DieselClean.

I don't really find a noticeable increase in power but it starts smoother when cold. And have not compared fuel mileage.

When Pettit oil was still in business they had it from the pump at some of their stations. (Info from my buddy that worked there)

My buddy gave me a case for Christmas a few years ago and my neighbor saw it in my shop and told me he uses it and has for years. Not that expensive at Wally World.

I am going to look into Oilextreme.

Guest AlCapone

Several years ago I was told SeaFoam was Snake Oil. The very same person that bad mouthed it now uses it in his fleet as well as all his small engines. Sometimes the older we get, the wiser we get! Wayne

My late father's go to was Marvel mystery oil for rough running engines. He used it like a spring tonic, a little in the carb, some in the crankcase and some in the gas tank. Sometimes it helped. If not, then we dug into the problem deeper. I keep an old can of it in my garage in his memory.

Terry