Show Us the BoS 1957 Buick Century Caballero, 1/18-scale

The BoS '57 Caballero arrived Wednesday morning, and I shot a few photos during my lunch break.  I headed outside to Tacoma's Museum of Glass, which serves as my stand-in for the General Motors Technical Institute.

This is my first of BoS' big 1/18-scale models, and I find it very impressive for its price.  The car's stance -- mostly, its track width -- is off, almost as though someone had planted the '57 body on something like a 1970 Wildcat chassis.  But it was less evident to me first-hand than the early images indicated.  I'm accustomed to seeing the '57 Caballeros riding on the Skylark wire wheels, so that part seemed fine to me.  And the shape of the body seems highly accurate.  Some of the finer details, like Buick's sweepspear side molding, might have been rendered more precisely, but this resin model is highly appealing.

I loved to photograph the car, and, while some of the images may seem a bit repetitive, I hope that these images provide a sense of the car's shape and style.

24217138160_d2ccb554b6_b.jpg

24430349571_70eae1614c_b.jpg

24217126270_2782a4892f_b.jpg

24404444522_8847970f46_b.jpg

Edited by Centurion (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Why can't General Motors and Buick build an automobile like this today?  I don't care whether it is a model or the real deal - that automobile is downright beautiful.  I have a real passion for the early Buicks, but, this gets the heart to racin' - BIGTIME! 

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

Brian, I will agree that Harlow Curtice was the savior of Buick during its darkest hours of the depression.  Let's carry this further.  What General Motors should have been doing was actively looking for another Harley Earl even before he retired.  Sloan was a great administrator, but, Earl gave the public automobiles that they were excited about.  I just do not see that happening today.  Jellybean cars that all look alike don't razz my berries.  In my humble opinion the only thing that GM is building these days that I really like are Chevrolet and GMC trucks.  My Silverado truck rides just as nice as my wife's LeSabre Limited and it takes the enclosed trailer with the heaviest Buick we have right down the road.  Something just tells me that Harley Earl is in the great hereafter sobbing his eyes out over what has become of the greatest manufacturing organization that this world has ever known.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas