Who makes a 14' piece of antenna wire?

Lebowski

I replaced the radio in my Edsel today and saw that the antenna wire is pretty old and about ready to break in two up by the radio end. The car has twin antennas at the back (one is a dummy) so I need a piece about 14' long. The problem is the end that attaches to the antenna. I have added a couple of pics showing the female type receptacle with the screw-on piece that holds it in place. Can someone please tell me where I can find something like this? Thanks....

post-101899-0-24975100-1448151736_thumb.

post-101899-0-72709100-1448151753_thumb.

post-101899-0-06091600-1448151784_thumb.

Isn't that pretty much just regular shielded coaxial cable like what is on a cable TV hookup?  That stuff is pretty easy to come by.

I don't know-is it? The other end has to have the male end that goes into the radio. Can someone tell me where I can find a piece 14' long with the proper pieces on each end? What company makes these types of antennas? If I could find that out I could contact them but there was no company name on either antenna....

Edited by Lebowski (see edit history)

What you need is an antenna cable with a male motorola connector on one end and a female motorola connector on the other end. Any competent car audio shop should be able to make up a cable for you. 

What you need is an antenna cable with a male motorola connector on one end and a female motorola connector on the other end. Any competent car audio shop should be able to make up a cable for you. 

Can I buy the male end and attach it to the antenna wire in the car now or is some special type of tool needed to do that?

If the rest of the cable is OK, you should certainly be able to attach a new motorola connector if you can operate a soldering iron.

Here is one example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Radio-Motorola-Type-Male-Antenna-Plug-/390857491342?hash=item5b00ec038e:g:QQQAAOxy4fBTkBr6

You can even buy a solderless version, although the price on it would probably be a bit more than one you would solder on.

If you have a local Radio Shack or other electronics store they probably have them in stock for less than you would pay on ebay. 

This panel of experts is waiting patiently to solve your next dilemma ( lol ) ! Wayne

Thanks to all who left comments for me here. Unfortunately my next dilemma has already begun as shown by my other thread regarding the backfiring from the carburetor. Hopefully that problem will be resolved just as quickly as this one was....