64 Riviera Rebuild

Mozzie

5 hours ago, telriv said:

Mozzie,

Not to criticize you at all BUT it appears to me that the pic of the brakes is the left rear. IF that's so the brake shoes are on backwards.  The primary shoe, the front one, is on the rear & the secondary shoe is on the front.  IF all the brake shoes are orientated like that they are ALL BACKWARDS.  The primary shoe, the short one, needs to be on the FRONT & the secondary shoe, the longer one, needs to be at the REAR.

Braking will not be up to standards if they aren't properly installed.

OTHER THAN that one thing the work & progress look top notch!!!

Tom T.

Yep...

Tom M

Love it when you agree with me Tom.  I guess between the two of us at least we're on the right track with memory/experience, been there done that.

Who knows how much longer that may last????

Tom T.

• Like 1

Ahh thanks for pointing that out Telriv. The first time I put these together I forgot to connect the handbrake, not realising it's not possible to do so without everything disassembled. Having never done drums brakes before I was obviously frsutrated by then and didn't pay attention. The stupid thing is I knew from the start to take note of which way the brake shoes should go and printed photos to copy. There is a lot you can get wrong doing these... Anyway I went out and fixed it this afternoon - not much else to do. Took me 2 hours but it's all correct now. I'm going to remove the picture so no one else sees it and copies it (you never know where pictures can end up). I didn't bother taking another picture as it's cold and raining outside and generally not a great place to be.

Edited by Mozzie
spelling (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

lots of options out there 

I've been using a combination of blacks as to break things up a bit (a great tip from guys here). But some guys like things ALL the same black. Not me. I used Rustoleum 7777 (this stuff is awesome but takes forever to dry), the KBS gloss (which was labeled satin…not) & Dupli-color's semi-gloss 1635 this stuff dries super fast & u can keep the projects moving lol

U can use any combination but its def a nice detail instead of EVERYTHING being the same color IMO.

The Dupli-color 1635 has been my go to lately. I even sprayed my package tray with it. Like Frank’s Red Hot Sauce…I put that S#!+ on everything 😆

• Haha 1