WTB: 1920s-1930s camping / auto travel stuff

All,

I collect vintage camping gear from the 1920s and 30s. I am pretty well covered for most items but some things are elusive and there are many things I dont even know about yet. I am looking for items such as:

Prentiss Wabers Auto Cook Oven

Original canvas umbrella tent with wood poles

Auto picnic sets

Telescope folding furniture metal framed folding cot

unusual desert water bags

rollup 1920s camp table - black top with wooden legs

I am interested in just about anything that I dont have already. Let me know if you have anything that might be interesting. I plan to actually use this stuff.

thanks.

I don`t have one for sale but you might want to add a Cameraphone  to your list of things to take along... they are the size of an old brownie box camera and played 78 records. Ideal for camp entertainment... I have seen several in my time ... I do have one but use it whenever I take the care to a show and shine...

FYI

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Im not sure of Year this was made. Haven’t been able to find one anywhere like it. I have a prentiss-Waber table

With 4 collapsable chairs that fit inside table and table folds up into a suitcase style case.  carrying handle to make it easy to carry. Very heavy. But perfect for your collection. Yes?  Top of table is 26.5”x27” 

24” tall. Chairs are 15” tall. Seat space is 10.5”x 12” please make an offer if interested. See if I like it

DBBBA00F-717C-46C6-9A87-AB45B217DCBC.jpeg

E3268E2B-8026-4B89-97A3-092A48463C67.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Linus, my wife and I planned a cross canada tour with our 1914 model T we have 30 years old and are in love with brass area car and all antique stuff.  We want to do our trip like the people did it in the past. So we need a everything for camping and auto travel stuff do you have some stuff in extra.

49 minutes ago, PFindlay said:

Not specifically camping, but are you interested in a pair of pullout out windowshades that attach to your side window and pull out at an angle, canopy style?  Peter

Peter,

I cant use these on my open car but I do appreciate the offer. Perhaps someone else in the hobby with a closed car can use them. I absolutely love these auto shades but they just wont fit my car. 

L

50 minutes ago, Anthony theriault said:

Hi Linus, my wife and I planned a cross canada tour with our 1914 model T we have 30 years old and are in love with brass area car and all antique stuff.  We want to do our trip like the people did it in the past. So we need a everything for camping and auto travel stuff do you have some stuff in extra.

Im very excited to follow this trip of yours.  I dont really have things I want to sell in my collection - it is so very hard to find.  If you look up this thread above  GMiller is selling a great Prentiss Wabers auto camp table set ( i already have one) and it is from the 1920s. Why dont you message him and see if he will sell it to you. Its probably 100-125 USD value. 

I saw your post in my facebook group as well. I will help you as much as I can. We should meet along the way. 

L

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...