Need pictures of oil filter adapter

D-a-n-i-e-l

post-76982-0-08097900-1443622815_thumb.j

This is the one from the 1989 engine I have on my stand. Looks good on the camera but comes out dark here. Hopefully it is close enough for what you need. The extra tapped hole below the sender is for oil feed to my turbocharger and is not normally there.

I am away from my computer were all my photos reside.

I believe the 1988 - 1990 adaptors were all the same.

maybe half of the early 1991's had an adaptor that layed the filter back on top of the cradle (not a great design)

Later 1991 Reatta and other 3800 GM cars (92-93) had one that went toward the right wheel then down allowing it to be changed from under the car and a long filter could be used.  I also found a 3800 Impala with the police car option that the casting had built in fitting for an external engine oil cooler....a nice option if you want one.  

Agree, "C" adapter is straight down and a PF 47 is all that fits, 51/52 sticks down below the frame rails. OTOH the 92 TranSport ("L") had one that was angled back and could fit the longer filter but think it just holds about a pint more and has the same filter area as a 47. Do know GM had several oil filter suppliers for the PF47 and to avoid the English one (more holes and smaller).