Yee-Haaw!!!!!

Guest Kaber

Didn't see the Stars and Bars on the roof  :)

I zoomed in really close and there are some faint blue splotches on the roof, I think its there. Or, the whole thing could be photoshopped! Regardless, I think I like it! LOL! 

K

Didn't see the Stars and Bars on the roof  :)

Not trying to be a know it all but i just researched "Stars and Bars", a while back, and found out something interesting. "Stars and Bars" is not the flag on the General Lee. The flag on the car is Lee's Battle group's flag from, I believe, the Army of Virginia. It was never the official Confederate flag. The Stars and Bars flag changed a few times but it looked like this.

images_zpszuov2jic.png

I must say I also always thought the Flag on the General Lee was called "Stars and Bars" as well. LOL!

Edited by Kaber (see edit history)

Not trying to be a know it all but i just researched "Stars and Bars", a while back, and found out something interesting. "Stars and Bars" is not the flag on the General Lee. The flag on the car is Lee's Battle group's flag from, I believe, the Army of Virginia. It was never the official Confederate flag. The Stars and Bars flag changed a few times but it looked like this.

images_zpszuov2jic.png

I must say I also always thought the Flag on the General Lee was called "Stars and Bars" as well. LOL!

I've been schooled! The flag is called "The Stainless Banner".  

As an old Dukes of Hazzard fan and Riviera enthusiast, something just ain't right with that!

LOL ... whole-heartily agree.

Tho, it is a bit intriguing.....  Anyone else wonder what other cars would look like in the General Lee scheme ... &/or ... wondered how other cars might look in the starring roll on that show!?

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (awaiting new owner)
"On the upside of a downward spiral" __ Train __ 'Drive By'