Now here is something you don't see everyday (thankfully)

Guest my3buicks

YEP, There was a lot of versions of tire kits in the early 50's.

Same for bumper guards/rail add ons.

OH them bad days when bumpers would get hooked to another, I jumped on many to get unhooked.

Us High school kids would say, THROW A BUCKET OF WATER ON TO UNHOOK, worked for dogs, NOT so well for cars, Lol.

Dale in Indy

Edited by smithbrother (see edit history)

In the early '50's we had a lawyer in our town that had a Buick convertible with a clear plastic top. 

It was a common sight as his office was on the city square and it was parked there daily.

I would have been 11-12 but remember it as it was pretty unusual.

Guest my3buicks

That would be very interesting to see.  Have never seen anything like that even in pictures.  You see an occasional car with experimental bubble tops. 

That would be very interesting to see.  Have never seen anything like that even in pictures.  You see an occasional car with experimental bubble tops. 

From my collection when I was in the Early Ford V-8 Club.....

post-85415-0-84988900-1441935804_thumb.j  post-85415-0-07793800-1441935961_thumb.j

Haven't seen any early Buicks with one.....yet. I'll do some searching and see if one turns up.

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

Guest my3buicks

I've seen those pictures, they appear (especially the one) more like a hard bubble.  Would this be the same as you remember Barney?  I guess I was envisioning a foldable soft clear top.

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)