Stolen 1987 Cadillac

Guest 32stude

Guest 32stude

A 1987 Cadillac 4dr Brougham sedan, black with pearl grey upolstery.vin# 1g6dw51y6h9720642 was stolen from a 82 year old couple who purchased the car new in 1987. Car was stolen out of diner parking lot in Brooklyn , New York on August 1, 2015 while they were having dinner. Any information about this car will be greatly appreciated ,contact George @ 718 372 6120 or reply to this post

Thank you,

32stude

I would post on local forums.  That's not a hot car that's going to get moved across the country into a private collection. I would bet it was a somewhat local person that snatched it.  I would look on your local craigslist and even put a post on their about it.  Good luck in finding it, hopefully unscathed. 

I'll keep my eyes open for it here in Jersey.  The car was a victim of the GM 'easy-steal' steering column lock used for many years.  Every punk knew how to break one of those with a screwdriver.  There should have been a class action lawsuit..... 

Guest AlCapone

I always try to keep my antique and classic cars within my eyesight when we stop to eat. More to protect from part thefts like rad caps and hub caps. You. Can't be too careful. Wayne

Guest 32stude

Car was found last night about 4 miles from where it was taken, broken door lock and ignition switch and 1/2 tank of gas used. Probably taken for joy ride. Owners very happy to get their prize back. All forum members that expressed their concern thank you very much.

32stude

Excellent ... so glad to know it was recovered with relatively minor damage!  Appreciate the update, 32!

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Waiting to be mended like a potter would mend a broken vase" __ Larry Gatlin & The Gatlin Brothers __ 'Broken Lady'