Reaper1

Just got my first TC

Engines go in to avoid letting the car sit in body shop purgatory! Shouldn't be a problem if you are doing your own bodywork. The other adage is that body guys have great running cars that look bad and mechanics have great looking cars that constantly need repairs. When you do one for a living most people let it slide and pay to have the other stuff done. 

• Like 1

So I pulled the rest of the front of the car apart yesterday. More accurately the bumper, filler, headlights, grill, and wheel well trim. I took a "rubbing" of the pin stripe so I can have it re-created when the new paint is done. I will start sanding on it this week...

I cleaned up the core support, took off the lower brace and sprayed it with anti-corrosion compound, then reinstalled it.

I then decided it was time to sand the hood....HOLY CRAP! Now, I only really had 120 grit (I did use some 80 that *kinda* worked on my orbital, but it's hook&loop and the paper was PSA, so...yeah). After a LONG time, I finally got down to the original primer...*6* coats of paint were on this thing! After that I decided it was time to introduce the hood to the wonderful world of chemicals and started using Aircraft Stripper. That STILL took 3 coats to get it all off! I know the whole car isn't like that, and I knew the hood had been sprayed, but I didn't expect to find what I did. The good news is that thus far it's straight!

Finished stripping the hood and I re-did the front bumper supports yesterday. Yeah...a little obsessive I guess...