My spin on a Vintage Air control panel mounting

alini

I wanted to make the car look as original as possible while having as much new or unique touches.  Things Riviera guys will notice but the general public would think was stock.  Going with Vintage air was a budget call since everything in my AC system needed to be replaced due to dry rot, cracked, broken hardware.

I read all the post on the install by folks, to help guide me but the fine details werent there, which is fine I would want to have fun figuring it.  So I looked at the control panel and this is how I mounted mine.

I removed the guts from the factory panel.  I cut out the center bar, so the VA panel fit snug and centered.  I then cut out a piece of sheetmetal with the relief of the factory panel (trapezoid) and the hole for the new panel.  I secured the sheetmetal to the original panel via jb weld, and then fitted the VA panel into the sheetmetal using their supplied clip.  Cant be much cleaner than this.

post-128466-0-33296500-1434229471_thumb.post-128466-0-94511300-1434229471_thumb.post-128466-0-74128000-1434229472_thumb.

• Like 1