1/2" Positive Camber on '33 Chrysler Frontend

I'm restoring a '31 CD8 Roadster which presently has a '33 Chrysler CO front end, which I may retain for now. The front end has positive camber of 1/2"+ on each side (at brake backing plate), and a total of 1" both sides combined, the difference in measurement between L/R brake backing plates top and bottom. I'm not sure if this is close to normal for these front ends, or off considerably. I've looked at all the components, and everything seems complete and tight, virtually no play in king pins for example, and spring seats are flat and parallel to one another. Forged axle appears proper profile, has perhaps 1/8" drop in center. I know some cars of that era had significant positive camber to assist in straight ahead driving, but 1/2"+ seems a lot. Any advice? 

Seems like a lot to me. I would think it could lead to a wobble.

There are angled shims that you could put between the axel and spring so the can be adjusted. Try Speedwaymotors.com

I've looked closely at the front wheel illustrations in the Chrysler Pre '34 Master Parts List, and the '31 CD8 operators manual. Each one shows a significant positive camber in relation to the spring seat, and indicates a positive tilt of about equivalent to the width of the edge of the brake backing plate, or 1/2". So I'm guessing mine may be correct. We are used to seeing camber at near neutral or 0 degrees, perhaps even negative in some cases, so 5 degrees positive camber looks like a lot. I'm sure there is a source for this info. There is no adjustment mechanism, so I'll likely leave them as they are. Both sides are identical, further evidence the camber is original.  

Great chart, thanks for posting it. The CD8 is indicated as having Camber of 0-2 degrees, and later years, 1/4-3/4 of a degree. 1 degree of Camber across the 14" brake backing plate represents 7/32" of outward tilt. 2 degrees is 7/16" tilt over the 14". Mine measures about 1/2" over 14" without any load on the axle whatsoever, So I expect when axle is fully loaded, Camber will be about 2 degrees, and this appears to be outer limit of spec for a CD8. So I'll strike this issue off my "concern list" for now.