Need someone to sell 1968 Chrysler SW for me

Guest jpr3e3

Guest jpr3e3

Hi, my dad was a big fan of Chrysler station wagons from the big block era. I still own (with title) his 1968 Chrysler Town & Country Station Wagon he bought new off the showroom floor. A few years ago I rebuilt its original 383 engine, also rebuilt the original tranny and brake system. Essentially the mechanical restoration is nearly complete and the car is drivable. The body is in at least fair to good condition with original gold paint, so the vehicle is what would be called a "survivor." Currently I need to sell the car but unfortunately I now live in another state from where the car is located (in mid-Missouri). I would prefer the car get in the hands of an interested restorer who can complete the cosmetic refinishing of the vehicle. I know what expenses have been put into the mechanical restoration but don't really know what the car is worth at the present time.

Can anyone suggest a reputable party who can sell the vehicle for me on commission? I don't live near enough to be able to meet potential buyers to show them the car, allow them to start it up, etc. which is what a vehicle seller's agent would need to do. Probably such a company would need to flatbed the wagon to their own show lot. In my opinion the wagon is probably not Mecum-auction level quality but it could still be worth the time and interest of a restorer. An Ebay type auction also doesn't allow a buyer to see the vehicle in person and judge what it's worth. Again, any suggestions for a reputable seller's agent would be appreciated. Email me at jpr3e3@gmail.com if you need more details or direct discussion, thanks.

Guest AlCapone

If I were you, I would be tempted to have it shipped to your home where you have total control. You might even have a retiree from a local car club retrieve it for a fee. Your geographical disadvantage will not in my opinion work to your advantage. Wayne

Wayne's advice above is good. You could call the

national A.A.C.A. office in Hershey, Pennsylvania at

(717) 534-1910, and they could give you contact numbers

for the A.A.C.A. region near you--or near where the car

is currently located.

A hobbyist should be happy to sell the car for you, at a

very modest charge.

And I hope you don't feel that YOU need to have the

car restored or refinished before selling it. That would be

an expense which you wouldn't get back in the selling price.

Guest AlCapone
Wayne's advice above is good. You could call the

national A.A.C.A. office in Hershey, Pennsylvania at

(717) 534-1910, and they could give you contact numbers

for the A.A.C.A. region near you--or near where the car

is currently located.

A hobbyist should be happy to sell the car for you, at a

very modest charge.

And I hope you don't feel that YOU need to have the

car restored or refinished before selling it. That would be

an expense which you wouldn't get back in the selling price.

Johns advice concerning Restoration and refinishing is very logical and valid. It is rare that you would recoupe the additional expense !

Wayne

No offense but that make of station wagon does not have the interest that other brands have.

Any money you put into it you probably will not get back out.

If money is what you are looking for & you are not going to keep it - sell it " as is " where it sits now.

Whoever is storing the car or an acquaintance of whoever is storing the car is your best bet.

Jim