part number for 1989 Riviera with auto level....?

NCBRIJEN

Hey All! Anyone know the part number for my 1989 Riviera air pump that controls the auto level option.... or a place to purchase a new one....My still works but getting increasingly loud and continuous when fully loaded. I believe that the seals have probably gone bad after 26 years and it loud and annoying with passengers....

Thanks so much

Scanned in two pages from the 86-93 E body catalog. Please note that there are two different level sensors used...one for the 86-88 E body and another for the 89-91 (item #18).

Edited by DShip (see edit history)

Mr. Shipman: Thanks so much for the speedy part numbers!... now to figure out what part exactly I am needing..... that will be the trick. I was thinking that it was just one part number for an entire unit but I guess its many parts that make up the whole. I appreciate your help... Hope all is very well with you , Haven't seen you since the National in Concord, North Carolina with your blue Riviera ... how many miles now?

• 2 months later...

Dave:

Thanks for the part numbers! now I need to find the part.... Anyone know where to locate part # 22049808. I ordered it on GM Part direct last week BUT received an email today that it was no longer avaliable...The dealership gave me the option to replace the rear shock with new struts that as sealed but I like and want to keep the auto level option... Any points in the right direction are appreciated.

.... Also if I pull mine out that is shot can it be rebuilt if necessary and does anyone know what can do it?

Brian...I tried a number of online parts dealers for you but with no luck, either. My only suggestion at this point is to try www.car-part.com and/or a local pick 'n pull in your area. I would venture to guess the part might be interchangeable with other GM or Buicks of the same era with the self leveling feature, but I'm not totally certain of this.

By the way, the Riv now has in excess of 157K miles!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Dave! Thanks for the help and and Keep Traveling in your GREAT Riviera... Mine now has about 100,000 miles less than yours @ just 54,000 BUT still driving when I can.... I found a replacement part from this company... if you or anyone is interested and can't find an OEM...... http://www.suncoreindustries.com/

installed and was just about a plug and play replacement that seems to be working just fine for the past week so far.... Just could't find a OEM part.

Edited by NCBRIJEN (see edit history)

Thanks for the offer DAVE89: I found a remanfactured part from this company.... http://www.suncoreindustries.com/

installed and was just about a plug and play replacement that seems to be working just fine for the past week so far.... Just could't find a NOS OEM part and was hesitant on one from the yard because to install these the rear suspension needs to be dropped to get to the compressor and did not want to go take all that time to just have to replace again too soon....

What? I can't believe no one is suggesting to just disconnect the leveling system. (Being facetious) I don't recommend this.

You probably have an air leak, maybe in your compressor, relieve valve, exhaust valve, maybe in the lines but it can be fixed. These compressors are all the same through the years just oriented differently on a bracket and mounted in different locations.

Edited by sosuzguy (see edit history)