1936 Dodge Woodie

Customer said aftermarket caps.

Has 3 row seat. Just detailing the car then possibly going up for sale.

Body is Contrail? Was done on long Island?

I cannot tell what the label says, but a book I have has identified a body just like that one as a U.S. Body & Forging Company of Buffalo, New York. Not sure what the differences are between the Cantrell and U.S. Body & Forging bodies are. I think Cantrell may have made the bodies for the larger trucks....like this one....I could be wrong. Maybe someone here can tell us who made which bodies.

post-37352-143142764181_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142764181_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Geez, how could I have missed the windshield?! Well, I suppose that the body builder was entitled to choose which front end he started out with. The wagons are usually on a truck frame, though, aren't they? Do you think that is because the woodie body is much heavier than a sedan?

I doing a little research ,I like Hudsy, think there's something strange about this car. It's either a special built unit or it's a composite build. I'm almost positive that I saw this car at Hershey last year. Same dark green color. In checking, I've noticed that all the wagons were LC based with truck sheet metal . The tailamps are different also as this car uses four door tailamps. All the photos I've seen of other wagons also show the right side spare like the trucks carry. If this car has a side mount it's got to be the car type as the truck spares ride higher. I think this car also has the car dash and instrument panel which does not jive with the LC base. I think I've seen some pics of this car with a white top, maybe older photos. I don't doubt the originality of the wooden body itself, but I would like to see it's build card to determine if this is a real car built by Dodge. Personally I think it's a composite restoration. Just my opinion.

Edited by jpage (see edit history)

What is a Hearst? Or did you mean hearse. Yeah, you're right, Amigo's wagon is on a car chassis. That opens up some new questions; are they considered Westchester Suburbans or are they just wagons? How many were built and where? Why build two different versions? Anyone have any answers?

Edited by jpage (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...