I've lost my head!

Rogillio

Rick, thanks again for the suggestion! The have the head. I just bought it for $85 plus shipping. My mechanic is having the other one welded said we would have the machine shop check it out and magnafluxed and then we'd use the best one and save the other one for a spare. No idea what magnafluxed is but it sounds cool. :-).

hwellens. Yes that head is different from Rogillio's and mine although both horn brackets are still held by head studs and nuts in the middle of the head.

The book shows the coil mounted on the left side of the engine but I have utilised the two small holes on the right (present on later heads) to mount a neat 'L' shaped bracket and the coil is attached to the front of it. The bracket acts as a heat shield for the coil which is also cooled by the fan.

No advantage cooking the coil at the hottest point of the engine!

Ray.

Edited by R.White (see edit history)

I see what you mean!:eek: You definitely can do better!:rolleyes:

I went to use my camera and the battery has gone flat so can't send you a pic until I have bought some more.

Nothing to see really; just an 'L' shape bracket from sheet metal bolted to the head utilising the two small holes near the end. In my case they were already threaded so I just used them. I like to keep things original but if the original design looks wrong......

Ray.