Video of my 1927 Dodge

Rogillio

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153059296344115&id=641824114

Got og her running again after working all week on it. Turns our spark regard is UP, not down. Also turns out I had a lead in vacuum tank so was sucking air instead of fuel. Also turns out the 3 gallons of fuel I put in the empty tank was used mostly up and the pickup tube was below the tank level.

Anyway, does the left front tire look wobbly? Is that normal?

i found the trans has a key slot to lock the trans. Very cool! No ignition key but a trans key.

I am fixing the holes in the bottom of vac tank with JB Weld.

The he grease cup for the clutch doesn't seem to be moving any grease. I think the grease in the tube to the tranny is hardened grease. Suggestions for how to clean the tube?

Me Dodge was built Jul 26 but is listed as a 27 series. So when asked how old it is.....??

One more

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=922827344400202&id=100000188345754

Edited by Rogillio (see edit history)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153059296344115&id=641824114

Got og her running again after working all week on it. Turns our spark regard is UP, not down. Also turns out I had a lead in vacuum tank so was sucking air instead of fuel. Also turns out the 3 gallons of fuel I put in the empty tank was used mostly up and the pickup tube was below the tank level.

Anyway, does the left front tire look wobbly? Is that normal?

i found the trans has a key slot to lock the trans. Very cool! No ignition key but a trans key.

I am fixing the holes in the bottom of vac tank with JB Weld.

The he grease cup for the clutch doesn't seem to be moving any grease. I think the grease in the tube to the tranny is hardened grease. Suggestions for how to clean the tube?

Me Dodge was built Jul 26 but is listed as a 27 series. So when asked how old it is.....??

One more

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=922827344400202&id=100000188345754

Do not Facebook. But this sounds very interesting. Is there a link to You Tube?

Sorry, no disrespect intended but I'm not on face book either and have no desire to participate.

So the manual is right and the lever is up for retard. My car is RHD so may be different but not everything is original anyway.

I did say the vacuum tank connections had to be completely air tight!:P I had no end of trouble with mine leaking and eventually replaced them. I have outlined the restoration of my vacuum tank in a thread on this forum which you might find helpful. The bottom of these tanks rust through and I doubt JB weld will last long enough but you might be lucky. I personally would recommend you remove as much rust as you can and treat the good metal with a rust converter and seal with solder then finish inside with an ethanol resistant paint. I used POR15 and have had no problems with petrol seeping out.

Regarding the year. Some people quote the year of manufacture while others quote the series date. It's a matter of choice really. My car is also a '26 build but a '27 series. I refer to my car as a '26 because it helps when identifying parts. Eg. the 6 volt 2 unit set up began in '26 and is one of the main differences over the earlier 12 volt cars with the combined starter/generator.

As to the grease tube to the clutch throw out bearing. Yes, the grease hardens over time and if you are lucky you can simply unscrew the nuts and remove it from the car for a clean out..... but these flexible tubes have a habit of breaking down - although fortunately they are still available from Myers; or at least they were when I bought mine last year.

Ray.