What would be your idea for a new Buick?

Guest elk93001

Guest elk93001

The basics:<BR>RWD with some type of traction assist.<BR>an AWD option (no, not for offroading, but for balanced acceleration and control, people have been turned off of RWD and on to fwd for traction, why not AWD)<BR>4 wheel discs (a given)<BR>4 wheel independent suspension<BR>Power:The 3800 with supercharger or even a turbo option(no 3.4 or 3.5 "Aurora" motor)<BR>Buick's own V8 <BR>Full instumentation:coolant, oil press., voltmeter and tach along with the usual speedo,and fuel gauge. Hey, those gauges on the Rendevous look nice, so do the 16 in. wheels.<BR>Leather and cloth seat options (personally I'm not much for leather, but we're talking luxury)<BR>2 door availability (not "long" doors, good idea MS. President!!)<BR>4 door & convertible options<BR>sport (firm, not kidney crushing) & luxury (not waterbed wallowey) suspension options<BR>modernized functional portholes or some type of variation<BR>a modernized Buick grill (the "twin kidneys" are identified with BMW, why not a grill for Buick)<p>[This message has been edited by elk93001 (edited 04-20-2000).]

1. First off, simplify the line. There's no need to have 2 mid-size and 2 full size cars.<P>2. Bring back a sense of real style to the cars, not just make them attractive and cohesive as a unit. Some kind of unique signature that is distinctive is necessary. (Think how the current front end theme of Dodge derived form the Viper.) This will take 10 years to do, at least. (This is also the area I think where Buick has had the most success in the 1990's, but then look what Chrysler was able to do in the same period!)<P>3. If you can buy a better made car from ANYBODY, then something's VERY WRONG mad.gif!!! There's no excuse for a car with a Buick price to be beaten in quality surveys and consumer polls by a Ford or a Toyota!! This cannot be overemphasized!<P>4. Quiet and soft ride doesn't have to equal unstable and numb. Just ask Jaguar, I mean Ford.<P>5. It's OK to hear the engine once and a while when outside the car! Have you ever noticed that BMW's and Mercedes' are not quite silent as they drive away from you. grin.gif<P>6. Nothing short of a genuine performance car should be able to drive away from you. A slow Buick should never have existed after the Dynaflow was perfected.<P>7. Wide tires stick better, that's why the Germans use them!!!<P>8. If station wagons, sports coupes and convertibles are dead, why are they available in almost every size from almost every make in the luxury and near luxury classes (except,of course, the GM brands). confused.gif<P>9. SUV's, pickups, minivans, boats and such may be fine, but they are hardly the makings of a distinctive, upmarket image.<P>10.. It's OK to lose a little money on one car line to gain a little image. Again, remember the Viper. (Alas, remember also the poor Reatta frown.gif ).<P>In summary, I'd stick waterfall grilles on every car in the BMW line, build them here for less and at least as well, and sell them for a price that scares the pants off of Volvo and Acura dealers. <P>Also, don't count on one model the change the whole marque's image. That will only work briefly and weakly, like it is now for Olds. More likely you wind up twisting in the wind with last year's news very quickly (can anybody say Catera?). Just ask Studebaker and Hudson dealers what the Avanti and the Italia did for them. <P><BR><p>[This message has been edited by Dave@Moon (edited 04-20-2000).]

New Body Lesabre T-type, rear wheel drive, posi traction, series II supercharged 3.8L as standard. cd player, decklid spoiler, front spoiler, Ramair all the goodies....Dont let pontiac have the the "Grand National" of '00, like they did with the grand prix GTP.....just copy the old design and intergrate it into todays looking cars. <P>Just an idea, might be talkin outta my a$$ here but....<P>-Gabe<p>[This message has been edited by T-Type guy (edited 04-20-2000).]

No question, 2-door, RWD, turbo V6, good handling with comfortable ride, Better than Corvette performance, V6 gas milage, decent price. And Buick, don't say it can't be done, you did it before!<P>

Do you remember the 50's(54, 55, 56)prototype Wildcat roadster, with the open front wheel wells. I would like to see Buick make a Century convertible, or make a mid - full Sized Convertible with major Retro-styling (bring back those port holes.) or maybe even a two seater sports car, like the vette, using the LS-1 powertrain. Lets get the youngsters to realize the prestige of the Buick marque. Something that says, a chevy is nice, "but wouldn't you rather own a Buick." Remember the days when the Buick was the king of the street!!! Lets bring performance back to Buick, and rule the streets once again!

I would just like to see a performance version of all the models that they produce. Perhaps a new Regal Grand National or "GSX" with around 300 horses thanks to a modified supercharged 3800. The same treatment could be applied to the new Lesabre. A new T-Type Lesabre (all black) with the SC 3800 would be a fantastic looking car! Such modifications could be achieved with little required re-tooling and are, in my opinion, very realistic.

What would I like to see at Buick?<P>I would like to see General Motors LET Buick make some of the things you guys talk about. A new group of performance T-types or GS's would be great! No new Grand National, it was named "Grand National" to honor Buick winning the manufacturer's trophy in stock car racing in 1982. Buick hasn't even officially participated in organized motorsports since 1994!<P>When we talk about Buick and performance cars, remember your history. The Grand National and the Turbo V-6 created a lot of controversy and bruised egos at GM in the 80's. Buick's hasty retreat from enthusiast cars was dictated by General Motors. I would bet my next paycheck that the engineers and designers at Buick would LOVE to build exciting, driver-oriented cars. Unfortuanately, doing the Grand National and other T-types stepped on the toes of the other divisions- -mainly Chevrolet. The Corvette MUST be the "King of the Hill" after all!<P>Anyway, whatever Buick builds, I would like to see a car that truly showcases the 3800. This is Buick's motor. They invested a great deal of money, research, and development time to develop the turbo V-6,<BR>N/A 3800, and Supercharged 3800. This is a fantastic powerplant. I own a '99 Regal GS and I love the power, but their is PLENTY more just waiting to be unleashed. The current Supercharged 3.8 is so improved over the turbo V-6, but is like a "fish out of water" with nothing special to show it off.<P>The end of production for this engine is coming. According to an issue of Popular Mechanics I looked at in the fall of '99, 2004-2005 are tentatively the last years it will be produced. I hope this changes. If it is the end of the 3.8, I want to see it go out in style!<P>-cheezer

After all these years, this is what it comes down to, building interesting, drivable cars will "step on the toes" of the other GM divisions. frown.gif<P>OOPS! I meant "brands". frown.giffrown.gif<P>The mind-numbing mausoleum on wheels for the geriatric set went out as the ideal upmarket car line with the advent of shock absorber. If the GSX didn't step on Chevy's toes in 1970, than a driver's car for the 21st century wouldn't step in the brittle remains of Chevy's metatarsals. GM's collective butt has been wiped by this kind of thinking for the last 30 years (remember when GM had MORE that 30% of the U.S. car market?). <P>If this keeps up, Saab will totally replace Buick as the "doctor's car" in GM's lineup. mad.gif

Indeed the 3800 SC is a great engine! Not only would I like to see Buick make some of the cars I listed, I would like to see some Buick go fast goodies for the supercharged 3800. (The way Ford supports the 5.0 or 4.7 or whatever it is now).Gotta love the Regal GS, it's at the top of my list if I get something new. Few people realize that this car is capable of beating a lot of the 60's and early 70's muscle cars and being a lot more comfortable (and fuel efficient!) in the process.

Chrysler is supposed to bring back the Charger and put a supercharged BIG-BLOCK in it!!! Why can't buick bring back the 350? A fuel injected buick 350 would be sweeet. You have to admit. Maybe slap a super-charger on it, or put a 455 in it possibly? Look at Caddy's new EVOQ. It will be sweet. I would like to see buick at least think up something like that to show interest in it.<P> I wouold love to see GM start making buick aftermarket crate engines. example : 426 FUEL INJECTED HEMI. Just think what a 455 would do Fuel Injected.<P><BR>Just some thoughts, some wild, but cool.

I'd like to see a LeSabre or a Park Ave wagon. I currently have a Roadmaster that there is no direct replacement for. I have 4 cars that are all Buicks, but the youngest is the '93 Roadmaster. I worry about a full size replacement. Not too into the SUV that Buick has embraced and it doesnt have the sheer size of the Roadmaster. I'm a dyed in the wool wagon lover and Buick needs to step up to the plate and deliver. Does anyone know what the platform of the Rendevouz is based on? Is it all new?<P>The idea of reissuing Buick factory V-8 parts is one I agree with. I cannot believe it's been over 20 years since Buick made a V-8. I have to go to the "warehouse store" of the local auto parts chain to get valve cover gaskets!

How can you have Buick without Riviera.How can you have Olds without Toronado.These car <BR>did not copy anything.They had styling all of<BR>their own as well as some performance features yet luxury and a real back seat.I drive for a living and I can see a late model<BR>Riv.,Toro or Aurora coming long before I can tell the color, they stand out that much.Yet <BR>all these models have been droped.Do you think Chevy would drop the Vette or Camero.<BR>They have done alot with Monty the last few<BR>years,where is the Riv?<BR> When are we going to put OHC in the V6 the<BR>Italians did this decades ago.Then theres DOHC.<BR> Where did all the money from the Lesabre and 88 of the late 80's go, they sold alot of<BR>them, their still all over the place.Shurly<BR>this could have supported some research and<BR>development for the exotics.I would suspect<BR>the Impala payed for the Vette.although the<BR>Camero probably has held its own.<BR> I could never afford these new but I can dream of picking up the pieces when they are no longer of use to the trendy. <BR>

What happened to the Riv? I've got a supercharged '96 and I love it! Style, luxery, and power (and still 29 mpg on the highway.) It's the ONLY new car I would buy and they quit making them. Am I supposed to buy a Park Avenue Ultra or a Regal? (No offense anyone.) I'm not saying that the '95-'99 Riv was the perfect Buick or exactly "what Buick needs", but it was pretty close. (Rear drive would have been nice.) To me the Riv has always been THE Buick, and I think the last generation measured up quite well. (I my opinion the best since '63-'65.) Buick won't be the same without the Riv.

What Buick needs to do is distinctly define their position in the GM family, like they did in the production of fabulous models and styles, up until the 70's! I'd love to be able to purchase a personal luxury vehicle <BR>like the Riv, with a great v-8, uncomparable<BR>style to anything else on the road, great tunes, and a stop the clock look on both interior and exterior! Buick has it in them, <BR>go find it, and put it on the production line! Distinctive and classy exterior colors,<BR>and a little touch of Buick CHROME wouldnt hurt either!

buick is next to dead. buick needs a transplant now. <P>i love the buicks in history. so many distinctive, powerful, well built cars! something so special about arriving in a buick, not a chevy or a ford, but a buick! when i was a kid a buick really meant something. <P>now why bother? boring, boring, boring. then there is that horrible rendezvous/aztek thing. what next?<P>mercury has been in a similar situation. it has some positive history (not as much as buick, granted) and (like buick) a loyal core of unfortunately older buyers. but mercury is doing something. the fwd sporty revived cougar is bringing younger buyers into the showroom. the mountaineer, just an upscale explorer, attracts other customers who might never have stumbled into a mercury (or buick for that matter) showroom. and the upcoming mercury marauder will be this decade's impala ss. mercury is doing something while continuing to offer grand marquis & sable. buick can just offer similar sedans with no exciting car or attractive suv. dead, dead, dead. kill it or fix it. <P>roadmaster, riviera, skylark - what wonderful, memorable names to make one smile.

• 7 months later...

At the auto show in January, Buick will unveil a new concept car called the Bengal. It will be front wheel drive , have a 250 HP 3.4 supercharged V6,and a 6 speed automatic trans. It looks like a 2 seater ,but the tonneau slides back and there is seating for 4. If they make this available, maybe we can save Buick yet

Boy here is one I have an opinion on. Love to see a selection of cars across both full-size and smaller cars. Automatically with heavy duty suspension and high performance tires so the car would both go straight and around corners with composure. While I love a V-8 it just isn't practical given today's market and world so I'd vote for the 3.8 V-6 BUT with some radical changes. (See website <A HREF="http://WWW.COATESENGINE.com" TARGET=_blank>http://WWW.COATESENGINE.com</A> While at COATES check the link to the Popular Hot Rod article - it is interesting.<P>Offer in both normally aspirated and supercharged versions. Interiors to have some good seats (not too firm but with adequate support and bolstering so one can zip about without sliding from side to side, etc...) and some good seatbelts (hopefully that can be manually cinched up snuggly - probably not legal anymore?). Also with good looking interior appointments (materials[high quality], gauges[full set please], etc.).<P>My choice would be a LeSabre (FWD okay - RWD preferred) with a supercharged 3.8 w/coates heads. If I read correctly this would supply around 325 horsepower with increased fuel economy over todays 3800 II engine. Not bad.<P>I could go on but...<P>Gene

Anything in a coupe with only 2-doors. My supercharged 97 Riv is the most awesome car I have ever owned. My wife drive it and am left to drive my 72, tire smoking, 455 Skylark. The RIV is beauty even though the Black is a bear to keep up. It sit in its heated garage 90% of the time.Lets see another RIV.<P>------------------<BR>455 Ken 72 455 Skylark,97 supercharged Riviera

i like alot of these ideas, but i think some of you fellows are being unrealistic. you cannot expect buick to arrive on the scene with a totally new car, with coates valving, or a revived v8, at the same time as they re-create corvette independent rwd technology.<P>the cars you guys would like to see are the ones that remind you most of your 65 rivi or your 70gsx. sorry, buick cant build those cars anymore. they wont sell. you want a 71 boattail riv? GO RESCUE ONE FROM THE CRUSHER! they are all OVER the place. dont expect buick to build new ones.<P>the thing that buick CAN do (within corporate edicts, of course) is to build distinctive, QUALITY, powerful variations of gm platforms.<P>buick's strategy for so may years was heavy, powerful luxury, because that was what sold.<P>now, buyers want better handling, better mileage, shorter stopping distances, and dont care as much about power. quite the opposite of our beloved buicks of old, no?<P>we as old car lovers are a niche market. buick cannot survive by selling a car special for us, when half of us would not buy it cause of the complicated electronics. buick has to sell in volume. that volume for the next 10 years or so is the aging baby boomer who wants a nice soft ride, to keep his dentures from falling out. they dont care what brand of engine is under the hood.<P>dont expect buick to be the mercedes of america. expect _GM_ to be the mercedes of america, which means that buick gets only a small slice, or no slice at all...<P>------------------<BR>allan<BR>--------------<BR>50 special, 455/th400<BR>64 stude gt hawk, 289/auto<BR>76 poncho GP, 400/th400

Instead of just throwing out ideas on this board we should put them collectively in a letter to the Buick Division, write our concerns, if we can get enogh intrest other than all of us at this board sooner or later they will have to do something to meet public demand, hopefully sooner than later. Also Kitn0 people are throwing out these ideas from past models because it is what made those cars sell, and are ideas from some of the best selling cars that Buick produced, Buick has all of these things to build these cars in front of them they just are not using it. If people do not care for RWD and V8 explain why there are so many SUV's and Pick-ups on the road.

The Chrysler Charger concept has been killed by Daimler. The 300-N 354 Hemi has been killed by Daimler. Grand Cherokee redesign & the Dodge "Suburban" may be delayed until 2006 (or forever). Daimler says stockholders are antsy and 2 billion will have to be cut from Chrysler's side of operations. They are reexamining everything & rumors abound that vehicles over Mercedes' entry-level price of 30K are expendable. Bye-bye Viper, Prowler, LHS, 300, etc, etc, leaving comparitively minimal profit margin vehicles. A "possible" short-term fix with a longer-term death warrant for Chrysler. Looks like mismanagement isn't exclusive to GM.<P>The above probably means this awesome coupe will never see the light of day either:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/concept/xfire.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/concept/xfire.htm</A>

Guest COMPACTBC

Hey KITNO, do you ever talk to the younger generation of car buyers that Buick is concerned about appealing to? The first thing they like about a car is the POWER/PERFORMANCE it has and the next thing they like is COOL APPEARANCE. Buick needs to have some RWD cars if they are going to compete with the foreign "luxury" cars like BMW/Mercedes/Lexus. If you will notice they are almost always a RWD car, and these cars SELL and perform quite well! I havn't seen the LeCrosse concept car in person yet, but from the pictures and tech info I have seen, this car looks VERY appealing and I hear that some version of it is slated for production. I hope it's a RWD and has good performance. It's the 1st car Buick has designed since the early 70's that has caught my interest! <P>------------------<BR><p>[This message has been edited by COMPACTBC (edited 12-31-2000).]

I think that something that defines what Buick is, and also presents the future.<BR>I love the grill that the Park Ave's have right now. I agree, some for of awd, just as a safety attraction. Bring back that classic Buick 8 emblem, and just inprovise from there. Oh, and put a V-8 in it.

I would have liked to buy a Buick Mini Van. I looked at the GM mini van choices when I bought my last one and was as disapointed as I was when I bought my first one ten years ago. A Buick mini van with a supercharged 3800 and rear seating that doesn't make you feel like your knees are higher than your head thats my idea for a Buick I would buy. I did look hard a the Regal GS but with 3 kids its not going to happen until at least 2 of them are out of the house.

I think the Buick Signia show car they had a few years ago would have made a good "bread and butter" producion car. <BR>But what I would really love to have is the blackhawk. Even if they put a more environmentally friendly Northstar V-8 in it I would still want one. They should build it instead of the Chevrolet SSR.<BR>Tomsriv

Do concept cars ever make money?If they do what the heck-<P>Mid-engine, rear-wheel drive, long wheel base, wide stance<P>Engine 3800 V6 next generation with OHC stage II heads further inhanced with TURBO,coupled to a 6 speed independent trans-axel.<P>Something that'll run with the best but not be a Corvette in Buick trim.<P>Body designed by a man with vision not one that starts with the shape of a ballon and trims it a little.<P>The long and wide because Buick has been about roomy comfort.If you can only fit two give em' room.Or how about a three seater.Split bench with that steering wheel push-button shifting thing.<P>A real dash board with real gauges set in real American grown hardwoods.None of this everything goes black and your done till you drop a grand toward some new hi tec? compontents.<P>Nice to dream ain't it?<P>Actually I'm beginning to like the new Century,Regal havent figured out the difference yet.Ive always liked the Park-Ave but dont like this new Mercedes Benz roof seam thing.Doesnt anyone know these have always made Mercedes rust.GROSS!DESCUSTING!Flat roof, jump on the band wagon three decades later!Have you no SHAME G.M.!The LeSabre has just lacked something to my eye. That new rear quarter is way too huge or something.The last Riv was drop-dead gorgous.Completely original nothing else looked like it.The newer P.A.and Century are reminiscent however.<P>I personally would feel sick to my stomach if Buick jumped on the mini-van,SUV bandwagon.Do we really need a Blazer with tri-shields.There are all ready too many flat landers driving around on dry roads all summer with gas guzzling, high center of gravity, extre' drive axel tailgaitin' out of my way or I'll run you over, over kill!Give me a truck to work or give me a fine car to drive!None of this worthless for either purpose vehicle!A fine full size(todays standard)cruiser serves as good a purpose as a mini-van and can have chacter something vans just cant seam to capture.Perhaps because they are vans.Leave the vans to the simple Chevy,Ford,Dodge as they always have been.<P>But what do I know? Dang little!<BR>

I agree... I was VERY sad and upset to see the Riviera depart. Buick's four four dour vehicles are nice but that's all there is... I LOVE my '92 Riviera with 242,000 miles now and have a new Park Avenue now too, but they need a Riv, a roadster like Reatta.. loved that car.. and I think go ahead and capitalize on the SUV market. Riviera needs to come back as RWD with a NorthStar V8.. Buick is after all the last step before Caddy and shares many features. Don't let Olds' Aurora outshine Riv and Park Avenue (even though Olds will soon be history).. The Lacrosse show car looks nice and could help with image for another Riv.. but I love the 1990-3 style. And the digital instrumentatoin. I heard though Buick may replace Park Avenue with Lacrosse soon.. but I don't like that.. Park Avenue is one of the last big luxo cars like Deville and Town car. And Riviera was the only stylish alternative to Eldorado... Buick's four cars now offer a lot for the money in the midsize segment and large luxo segment, but most people don't realize that... when a buddy rides in my Park Avenue they think it's nice as a Caddy.. Buick's got to reach the market and add some spicy cars.. like Riv.. maybe a sportier looking Regal, a roadster, and an SUV like Rendezvous but better looking... oh well. Isn't it time for a real car? Drive a real car. Drive in luxury. Drive Buick.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 86-2dr.ltd:<BR><B>How can you have Buick without Riviera.How can you have Olds without Toronado.These car <BR>did not copy anything.They had styling all of<BR>their own as well as some performance features yet luxury and a real back seat.I drive for a living and I can see a late model<BR>Riv.,Toro or Aurora coming long before I can tell the color, they stand out that much.Yet <BR>all these models have been droped.Do you think Chevy would drop the Vette or Camero.<BR>They have done alot with Monty the last few<BR>years,where is the Riv?<BR> When are we going to put OHC in the V6 the<BR>Italians did this decades ago.Then theres DOHC.<BR> Where did all the money from the Lesabre and 88 of the late 80's go, they sold alot of<BR>them, their still all over the place.Shurly<BR>this could have supported some research and<BR>development for the exotics.I would suspect<BR>the Impala payed for the Vette.although the<BR>Camero probably has held its own.<BR> I could never afford these new but I can dream of picking up the pieces when they are no longer of use to the trendy. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

I like a great many of the latest GM dream car offerings (at least the ones that don't say Pontiac or GMC on them, they're to "techy"). But I'm sorry, the EVOQ looks like something you should'nt cut yourself on to me! rolleyes.gif<p>[This message has been edited by Dave@Moon (edited 01-05-2001).]

Well Dave, on this one I have to agree with you. That new "industrial precision design" from GMC. YUCK. I don't care much for the Caddy Evoq either.

To clarify my post, I wouldn't want the EVOQ to be a Buick as it is right now. Although I find the design to be interesting, I don't see it selling very well. <P>I just think Buick could use something similar to that type of car. RWD, 2DR, V8, long hood, short rear, but designed in true buick fashion. Maybe a sport coupe version of the LaCrosse.

I think that Buick needs something original, something that hasn't been view by many, so that everyone can complain, or sing praise. It needs to have the eligance, suffistication, and stylish design that only Buick has, and add some sport into the mix. I love the late 60's muscle that came from Buick, I am 21 and own a 68 Skylark convertible, but there is nothing sporty to get us younger ppl to look that closely into Buick. I myself was raised on Buicks, but right now they don't have anything sporty, and like Ford with their "new" T-birds, the say "this car is for the younger drivers out there", ok GM needs to look at that. How can someone my age buy something cool like that? I mean the new T-birds have a starting price range of $32,000+, how could we afford something like that when most of us "young bloods" only make on average $17,000-$21,000, and still afford the insurance.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE RIVIERA COME BACK AS A PERSONAL LUXURY CAR LIKE THE CADILLAC ELDORADO IS NOW..USING THE SAME BODY....SUV'S ARE HOT SO PEOPLE OBVIOSLY DON'T CARE ABOUT GAS MILEAGE..THEY WANT ROOM AND COMFORT...HOW BOUT ANOTHER ROADMASTER WITH AN UPDATED DYNAFLOW...GOD I LOVE DRIVING MY 57 AND 59 BUICKS AND THOSE WONDERFULLY SMMOTH RIDES..ALSO WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME OF THE BUICK SPECIALTIES...STARTER IN THE ACCELEATOR AND HOW BOUT A NEW REDLINER SPEEDO.....IT'S FUN TO DREAM ISN'T FOLKS...THANKS GOD FOR OUR OLD BUICKS..THEY ARE REAL TREASURES....

Went to the LA Auto Show last night and Buick actually has a car there that is sharp and would not be hard to produce today. The car in question is a Park Avenue with<P>-3800 supercharged bumped to 265 hp<BR>-2" lowered (with I would assume appropriate suspension upgrade<BR>-some very nice spoked wheels with a Buick emblem in the center (did not look like aftermarket they were so nicely done. They appear to be the 8 spoke wheels but have been machined so the spokes are round and then polished.<BR>-performance tires<BR>-slick paint job (of course - it is a show car) minus the chrome accents (all body colored) to include "Park Avenue" and even the "BUICK" on the rear bumper (they could have left that as it is pretty discrete), etc. The only chrome they kept was the grill and around the tail lights.<BR>-interior appeared to be with standard leather seats but the dash had exterior body color insert where the "wood"/black plastic insert on the dashboard would be (a bit garish given the exterior color was almost a candy apple red - not quite and pretty pleasing for outside)<P>(Note: Car was called a Park Avenue V.I.P. and has a sports motif with a customized bike rack on top and the trunk decked out with molded holders for a tennis racket, golf clubs, etc... All of this stuff was pretty silly and it is too bad Buick did not choose to show the car as a doable performance option.)<P>Would like to see such an optional package in the Park Avenue, LeSabre and Regal series' but realize vetting another engine/transmission combination with the feds makes it unlikely (unless the engine/transmission combination was also offered in Pontiac and Chevy). Given Buick's willingness to offer T-Types, GN, etc... in the past there might be some hope that something like this could actually be offered. Would be nice to see some sort of open "what would you like to see" on the Buick website so we could directly let Buick know what we would like.<P>When the auto show moves to your area this car should be a part of if and it can be checked out.<P>Gene<BR>

i want to see buick bring back the GS like a 68 or 70 fiberglass body that looks like it did in 68 or 70 with a new 455 and electronic suspension and 6 speed with convertible option. <BR>wouldn't a new old style GS be sweet?<P>Arlog13@aol.com<BR>"keep the 455 alive"