odd listing in my area

devildog93

This car has been listed in the Oklahoma City area for quite a while. I think originally it was set at 15k and is now down to $6500. Why i have no idea, but i have had my eye on it a while. The guy says he needs to sell it this week. i wonder what the deal is with this car, because from the pictures it looks pretty good. http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/4522644681.html

Guest clamshells

First thing comes to mind is the color(s) and the sellers timing. By the pictures and the 13K in receipts it is a steal @ 6500 especially to a Raider Fan A wrecked 64 with a knocking motor and rear trunk about to start popping with bubbles sold for 4k in 3 days it pulled so hard from the impact I passed on it even though had a nice white interior black car w/power & AC.

The 65 motor in the car is no biggie regarding being correct or better, but the 400 is way over the Dyna (yes I'll catch some flak for that one).

Edited by clamshells (see edit history)

Guest clamshells
The interior would be a bigger turn off to me than anything else.

Looks like a giant watermelon inside.

I think this car originally went up on craigslist in my area about 4 or 5 months ago, about the time i was tearing mine down. It was originally 15k or thereabouts. I remember thinking, damn, that would have saved me some work...i should go look at it. Now that it is up for the current price i am wondering what the hell is wrong with it. Bondo queen maybe?

Yea, i'm not real happy about the colors either. the outside doesn't bug me, but coupled with the inside it looks like they couldn't decide which way to go. If i was going to have a red interior i think it would need to be red outside or white. Ah well to each his own. It still looks like a hell of a deal from the outside. I may go look at it if i get time this week to satisfy my curiosity.

Best of show at the ROA meet in Colorado Springs last week went to a black '65 with red interior. Just repaint this car either solid black or solid silver and you'd have a real looker.

I think the first thing I'd have to do is get rid of the universal radiator hose and repaint the engine the '63 silver. The door jambs are already black. just paint over the silver.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Looks like a good car to drive and work on for the next 30 years or so. At the price you could dump it with minimal losses, if any, when it sisn't meet your expectations.

I always figure for every $1,000 more I am willing to spend I came get about $4,000 of someones work. The formula would work out just about right on this car.

Bernie

Guest carlbraun
Best of show at the ROA meet in Colorado Springs last week went to a black '65 with red interior. Just repaint this car either solid black or solid silver and you'd have a real looker.

I think the first thing I'd have to do is get rid of the universal radiator hose and repaint the engine the '63 silver. The door jambs are already black. just paint over the silver.

Ed

ed's right...a repaint to factory silver or black with a new red interior would be sweet but the HEMI orange paint on the engine has got to go...unless it makes the car go faster!?!?!?

That was a good deal. If any of you hear about me kicking the bucket, get to my wife quick for and equal or better deal. I gave her prices to move all the stuff and turn it to cash.

Of course while I'm still alive they are pretty expensive. I've been reading the forum for quite a few years now and recognize what a lot of cars don't do. Mine have been mastered and are well behaved.

Bernie