Like Ants To A Watermelon Rind

Guest shadetree77

Guest shadetree77

My Wife and I drove Lucy out to the weekly cruise at Culver's yesterday. We were there for a few hours when I caught a "chartreuse" flash out of the corner of my eye and looked up......it was none other than Dandy Dave hisself! Dave and Larry & Joyce Schramm. Dave parked his Lady next to mine and INSTANTLY drew a crowd. As Dave put it, "Like ants to a watermelon rind!" :D We had a nice time at the cruise-in and a nice visit at Larry's house afterwards sitting around talking about all things Buick. I got to take a look around Larry's shop and collection and Dave even took my Wife and I for a ride around the neighborhood. Never thought I'd be a passenger in a nearly 100 year old vehicle! I thought it was amazing. I've been staring at similar automobiles at shows and in museums my whole life and always dreamed of riding in one. Thanks for the ride Dave!! And thanks to Larry and Joyce for inviting us over. We had a great time.

post-75106-143142572468_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143142572471_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143142572475_thumb.jpg

Yep. No Speedo's in Old Michigan. It is just to dang cold even in the heat of summer. It's so cold, the locals go Skinny Dippin in their long johns out there between the Great Lakes. That first photo bout tells it all. As quoted, "Like Ants on a Water Mellon Rind." LOL. I always have a great time in Michigan. Larry asked me if everything was OK. I told him even the worst thing I did was excellent, and that usually happens in the morning. :rolleyes:..... Larry and Joyce are top notch folks. Anyone looking for Southern Hospitality can find it at their place. I'll be sure to hook up with you folks next trip out. Dandy Dave!