Window seal replacement

alini

The metal support on the front edge of my rear windows is off. I was able to use the window setting tape to get the glass in the Mount, but now I for the life of me cant get these metal strips reattached. Im actually starting to deform one of them from hitting it. Anyone else ever have any luck replacing the metal strips on the rear glass?? What did you use and your method??

One of mine fell off recently. I found remnants of window tape in the channel which I cleaned out & found a strip of rubber tightly bonded to the bottom(front inside surface) of the channel. I fitted the strip to the widow, masked the edges so I could tell how far I could go with the glue, and removed the strip to expose the area to be covered, then reattached the trim piece with a two part clear epoxy rated for metal and glass. It is ON there for sure. I don't remember seeing any clips holding the trim on. It fit snugly, but was easy to get on. You shouldn't have to pound it much to get it to seat properly. maybe you haven't cleaned the junk out of the channel completely . Tell us what happens! DREW

Thanks Ed, I am using the window setting tape from CARS, it worked great for getting the glass back into the frame but its not working trying to get this piece back on the glass. Have you not installed yours since?

Thanks Ed, I am using the window setting tape from CARS, it worked great for getting the glass back into the frame but its not working trying to get this piece back on the glass. Have you not installed yours since?

Nope, just setting waiting on paint and final reassembly. If the tape makes them too tight, you could probably just shim the channel with enough tape to make it so it was snug, then glue the channel to the glass.

Ed