Does Anyone Have a SERVICABLE North East Model G Starter/Generator?

I really have to hand it you Jason.......you are ON THE BALL.......and an honest man.

Jason noted in my email to him I used carbon brushes when I replaced the old cracked and broken brushes.......which, for the record, were also carbon.

Jason caught that and NOW it makes total sense as the starter isn't drawing NEARLY the juice it should.

I am certain the unit is good aside from this issue as it was generating which is a very good sign.......whew

I am so glad I found a thread about North East right here courtesy of a web search.......:)

Craig,

I received your email and just responded. We should be able to get yours going. Give me a call or email once you have read my email response.

Thanks,

Jason

i have emailed this company trying to get an estimate to rebuild a 1929 generator and starter but so far no reply. About how much does a rebuild cost?

The brushes arrived today and I slapped them in........STILL nothing....... :mad:

NOW it was the &%^&*(&^$%^&* BATTERY!.......

It's a deep cycle marine battery and looks like new!

I put the charger on for a few and she cranked over like a dream....... :D

I can't thank Jason enough for being the honest guy he is and pointing out to me the carbon brush issue!....... :)

The brushes arrived today and I slapped them in........STILL nothing....... :mad:

NOW it was the &%^&*(&^$%^&* BATTERY!.......

It's a deep cycle marine battery and looks like new!

I put the charger on for a few and she cranked over like a dream....... :D

I can't thank Jason enough for being the honest guy he is and pointing out to me the carbon brush issue!....... :)

Like it when something comes together, especially when it might have been something simple as a fuse or (BATTERY):confused: I found customers try the most difficult part first without checking the most simplest. One example! customer brings in a 80s Merc Marque, power windows would only work from the drivers door, but not from the other three doors. Car was still under factory warranty and I asked him why not just take it to the local dealership? He said that dealerships were a ripoff. I tear all the door panels off and no power. I further looked on the drivers door and (WALA) the power window lockout switch was activated. 3 hours of useless stupid work on my behalf. Put everything back together, called customer, 90+ years old, said it was a open wire and explained to him about the lockout safety switch. He ask how much, I said no charge and bought him a cup of coffee.

Here is the kicker to the story.

This car was in 5 different dealerships and 20 independent repair shops. Charges from 50.00 to 500.00-in 1986.

This was a sting car that the state of Michigan-Detroit area- was running a sting operation.

I WON!!!!

post-78906-143142518697_thumb.jpg

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...