55 Buick 2 Door Riviera Paint Question

buick840

Hoping some of you may be able to answer a question for me,

I’m hoping to get the 55 paintwork done in the next week, the body is finished and ready for paint.

My car was originally white roof and the body one colour and I have decided to go with white roof and white lower below the trim line.

I was wondering if some of you may have any reference photos that show where the divisions are for the lower 2 colours.

I know the holes for the stainless along the side are where to split it but would like to have some other confirmation photos showing the line to take on the door edges front and rear of the door (remembering it’s a 2 door Riviera) as well as at the rear and the finishing point on the front guards.

Also where the lower point of the white roof stops on the front pillar.

Need to sort this out within the next day or 2 so if anyone can post reference photos here from theirs of someone else's restoration it would be greatly appreciated.

Or email them to me at buickman@bigpond.net.au

Thanks

Edited by buick840 (see edit history)

Thanks Joe,

The main areas I'm trying to confirm that I have right are......

Inside the door jambs (Straight horizontal lines that continue from the outside trim line?)

And I've seen some where the line on the door skin did not continue around to the inner side of the door front and rear,

but then I've seen others that did.

Any comments or good photos of doors opened showing the front and rear or the door and the door jamb and rear pillar?

I have seen it both ways. Joe's car above shows the line ending at the door jamb. My cars all have the line continuing through the door jamb and door to meet the upholstery. Remember, the lower color ends at the middle of the front fender.

Thanks Joe,Willie & Mike.

I have posted some photos of a 55 here in Australia that a member has sent me and I was wanting to confirm the paint divisions pictured were correct.

It seems there are a few variations such as Joe's which doesn't have the white continue into the door pillar and Jamb and others I have seen have the white on the body continue in like my photos but not on the doors themselves. Then the 3rd option like The photos I've posted and as Mike has described.

They all look nice and I'll probably continue with the plan we had to follow the division into the inside door pillar and jambs as well as on the front and rear of the door.

Thanks for everyone's input. If anyone has some further comments or photos I'd welcome them.

post-41557-14314248196_thumb.jpg

post-41557-143142481946_thumb.jpg

post-41557-143142481951_thumb.jpg

post-41557-143142481955_thumb.jpg