Hello new here

Guest bop trifecta

Guest bop trifecta

Hello Everyone my name is tom k.

I am new here and new to nail heads, but not new to buicks i grew up just outside of buick city (R.I.P.)

just picked up a 64 riviera thats a bit of a puzzle because there is no motor or radiator.

consequently i have some basic questions about the motor and the parts surrounding it.

i have joined the roa but have not received my membership packet yet.

thanks in advance.....

tom k.

san diego

Guest dwhiteside64

Welcome Tom to the fold. I don't live far from Flint and have done several service calls at the Buick plant concerning the chassis welders before it closed. This forum is the best thing next to sliced bread. Come here often and you will get most any question you have answered regarding the Riviera.

Guest bop trifecta

jason,ed,pete,darren,randy,eric

thank you for the welcome to the board.

i picked up a 401 that is being rebuilt

has anyone here used griffin radiator 26424?

jason,ed,pete,darren,randy,eric

thank you for the welcome to the board.

i picked up a 401 that is being rebuilt

has anyone here used griffin radiator 26424?

I put that number into the Griffin website but nothing shows up except for a request to build one. Where did you get that number? The easiest (best?) thing to do is to have your upper and lower OEM tanks fitted with a new 4 row core. When I typed in year/make/model they show nothing for a 1st generation Riviera. If it's something that someone is offering you, take some measurements, check out the position of the inlet and outlet, and the position of the transmission cooler lines. The radiators in the first generation cars do not bolt in, they're held in place by resting on rubber cushions in the frame and a brace, with rubber cushions, that bolts to the header panel.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Guest bop trifecta

ed here is the number

[h=2]1-26242-XS[/h]i came across a post online in another forum where somebody used this radiator but i cannot find the post again for the life of me.

the size and placement of the hoses seems to be very close.

i do not have an original radiator so i am on the hunt for an aluminum replacement for the cost effectiveness of it.

this also popped up when i googled the subject

http://radiatorgalaxy.com/radiator/cc3284-3-row-all-aluminum-radiator/

also the motor mounts..... do they sit directly on the block? or do they sit on an iron adapter?

btw i work at an automotive repair facility that specializes in air conditioning if anybody has any questions about the subject.

also i m in need of a set of exhaust manifolds too!

Edited by bop trifecta (see edit history)

Guest bop trifecta

ed yes that galaxy unit looks like the way to go the manufacturer can make a 4 core version as well.

dick , thanks i will be calling you soon.

Edited by bop trifecta (see edit history)

Guest Dialtone

Tom K, welcome to the club/board. Congratz on the 64. I'm sure you will find the fellow members on this forum very helpful and knowledgeable. Good luck with your 64