Where Do The Tools Go?

midman

OK, So I am finding out more about my car, but one thing I haven't been able to find any information on is what tools and jack came with the car and where in the world did the tools and jack get stored in the car.

I have a 1931 Buick 96S coupe which is a fairly big car, but it does not have a trunk or any other place I can find that would store these items. I can't find any reference materials either.

Does anyone know where the tools were stored in a Buick rumble seat coupe and what the tool kit would have consisted of?

Midman,

I don't know your specific car, and others will certainly offer more detail, but my first thought would be that there was storage area under the seat cushion and behind the seatback, and possibly in the rumble area.

Chuck:

Just checking my 1931-32 Fisher Body Service Manual to see if there is enough space under the front seat of the Sport Coupe. Appears as if there is enough space. That is where the tools usually go. If you check back thru the forum you may find some answers as to the supplied tools. I check about the year for my car (1925) on e-bay each week and there always appears an ad for complete tool sets for GM cars, at horrific prices! Some year Buick parts book give a complete rundown of tools and other years may just show an occasional tool on a page associated with that group in the book. Example; ignition wrench on the page with distributor parts breakdown.

Still have to get up and see your car!

Larry

Since your car has a rumble seat, check for a tool compartment in the R/S area. My 1930 Pierce-Arrow roadster has a triangular (in cross-section) tool compartment with a liftable lid at the very front of the R/S compartment, covered by carpet. That tool compartment runs the full width of the R/S compartment.