Buicks in the Snow.

Dandy Dave

Both! I have posted the photos over the last few years. I think they are from Ought Nine.

The photographer is middle aged, at 65 I started writing a personal longevity handbook, 66 Going On 106. All kinds of optimism in that title.

No cars came out of the garage today, though. Just looking out the window gave me the Willys.

icedW.jpg Bernie

Why Pilgrim, I disagree, That there Buick in the photo is Brand New compared to the 1915 in my Garage. ;) Now, getting the Willys is another thing. The Buicks just won't behave with one of those in the garage. And then you may just end up with little Willys...Runnin around.. :P Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Guest BigDogDaddy
Buick snowmobile?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]293524[/ATTACH]

That grill shape is not an Essex. It certainly looks like a 1924 Buick Grill to me. I googled 1924 Buick and the grill seems to match.

That grill shape is not an Essex. It certainly looks like a 1924 Buick Grill to me. I googled 1924 Buick and the grill seems to match.

No one said that Buick Snowmobile was an Essex. Up father.. The one shade tree posted. With the bicycle leaning against it... Dandy Dave!

Larry, We cleared ours today too. Wooo!!! Quite an undertaking. Let's just say you were 100% right about the "adequacy" of my electric snow blower!! Lol. It did OK. Better than shoveling the whole thing but I think I'll stick it on Craigslist in the Fall and start looking for something with a little more power. Probably nothing close to what you've got but something a little more suited to Michigan winters. That electric would be OK for somewhere like Kentucky or southern Indiana, NOT here!

A real International Harvester Cub Cadet(not the current variety) with a 36 inch snow blower works fine.

A real International Harvester Cub Cadet(not the current variety) with a 36 inch snow blower works fine.

Yup. One with a Cast Iron Transmission and Rear End, and an old School Kholer engine. I have a Snow plow for one out back and a Cub Cadet tractor out in the shed that needs some transmission work. Mostly the springs and detent balls that keeps the forks in place as it goes in gear and drives, just does not stay in without holding it. Biggest problem with these is the Roll pins in the drive shaft will break from time to time. Always keep some on hand. If I was closer, It would already be in your Driveway Robert. Dandy Dave!

Mine real International Harvester Cub Cadet is hydrostatic drive.

We had one of those many years ago. Nice thing about the Hydro is, with a snow blower, you can really slow the drive wheels down and get the deep snow out of the way. I have an old Gravely out in the shed with Reduction Wheels. That really worked great with a snow blower attachment also. It would throw the snow 50 foot. I have a rotary plow on it for plowing the garden. There are two snow blower attachments around here that fit it. Now back to more Buick's in the Snow. :D Dandy Dave!

Driving home today in the country on route 234 near Heilderburg Pa. I finally stopped to investigate this forlorn chassis now very visible in the snow. I had been going past it for years and the headlights and the pile of junk that was once upon it threw me. Turns out it is a 1927 standard missing much but has a spare transmission lying in back of the one connected to the engine. Once a model 20 2door Coach.

post-79073-143142967904_thumb.jpg

post-79073-143142967899_thumb.jpg

• 6 years later...