How special are select sixties?

D-a-n-i-e-l

As many of you know I am in the middle of my engine swap and ran in to a hick up. The rectangle connector from the engine harness to the interior wiring is missing a h7 (purple wire) on the 216 connector.

I am told the harness I have was from a 90 SS and have checked 90/91/89 FSM and all should have this wire. I do not have a 88 manual to check.

My question/curiosity is would any of you lucky SS owners check to see if the H7 wire is missing from your harness. also any one that is willing on a 88/90/91 look to see if they have it also.

I will fix it and move on but I really am curious if the SS is that special.

The 1990 Select Sixty had no special electronic device that would require a unique wire. The SS60 was a 1990 convertible with "cosmetic" changes to preview the 1991 Reatta to the SS60 dealers. The most notable were the 16" wheels, flame red interior (trim) and the center armrest cup holder.

The "chicken or the egg" question is the white leather seats, were they planned for the 1991 or did they appear as an option on the 1991 because they were overruns from the SS60 cars?

It was parted from Michigan. I may be able to get the vin but no promises as it is a yard and I am not sure if they will go that far. On the other hand they seem to like me and keep several Reatti in the yard. SS was not issued in 88? Correct?

Either way I know they said they had one. The mix up on my harness could have been a lazy employee or a number of other things. Also I had told them I did not care what year it came out of.

Edited by D-a-n-i-e-l (see edit history)