61 Mercury Body mounts

Laughing Coyote

I have talked with John and actually bought parts from him. Nice guy. Been trying to reach him the past couple of days and can't get him on the phone. I'll keep trying though. Has a few other parts I've been looking at. I tried Mac's, Obsolete, Dennis Carpenter and a couple of Mercury only parts places. Nada. Thanks for the info so far.

There were TWO Mercury Meteors, as I recall. The one which USA people might remember is the "intermediate" car, similar to the Ford Fairlane, circa 1963, but there was also a Canadian Meteor which was on the Ford Galaxie/Mercury Monterey platform, circa 1963. Seems like the intermediate Meteor was a "unibody" car, though?

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467

There was a Canadian Meteor which was a dressed up Ford sold by Mercury dealer starting around 1950. I thought they first used the name in the US on a Mercury version of the Fairlane in 1962. Evidently there was a 1961 Meteor in the US which must have been based on the full size Ford.

In any case my guess would be they used the same body mounts on the corresponding Ford and Mercury models that shared the same body and chassis structure.