Audels how does it work ?

Mark Gregory

Could some one explain how many years back does an Audels Automobile Guide go . I have a 1931 Reo . Would a 1938 Audels printing cover a 1931 car ? Or do you have to go to a few years past 1931 say 1935 to get coverage ? I can purchase a 1938 Audels , but can not get an Audels any closer to to 1931 . Thanks , Mark

Mark, I have an Audels from 1949 and 1964. These books are not so much specific to a particular car, but more to general info on eras and the workings of types of engines and components. Frankly, if you read ( ie studied) these books cover to cover you probably would qualify as a professional for the era discussed. The best book for a particular car, in your case a 1931 REO is a Motors 1937 edition that goes back to 1931. It gives complete specs and "how tos" for your REO. Ron

I have not seen a MOTORS manual that covers your year. All that I have seen start with 1935 and go up from there. Motor Age service manuals do go back to the 1920s but the ones that go back that far are hard to find. The Dykes would be a good place to start.

Terry

I have never seen a MoToR's AUTO REPAIR MANUAL that covered anything pre-'35 either. I have an assortment of them, the earliest being the eighth edition covering '35 through '42. The 10th went '35 thru '46, the 11th edition covered '35-'48. The 13th which went up to '50 still covered '35 also. Now, when did the manual start being published and what years did it cover in that year? It would seem to have begun in about 1935. Perhaps the AACA Library could shed light on this.