Can anyone identify these mirrors?

Guest Super Dave

Guest Super Dave

post-64167-143142272924_thumb.jpgI had them identified as Packard, but I was wrong.. Maybe early 40's Chrysler product? They obviously mount on the cowl in place of belt trim.

Certainly not Hudson. I have more pictures if needed.

Thanks, Dave

post-64167-143142272985_thumb.jpg

post-64167-143142272994_thumb.jpg

post-64167-143142273003_thumb.jpg

post-64167-143142273011_thumb.jpg

Edited by Super Dave
add pics (see edit history)

Guest Super Dave

I uploaded the pics I have, but don't have access to the mirrors at the moment, so I can't give any dimensions.. will do that soon.

Guest Super Dave

The mounting dimensions are.. 4 5/8" long by 1 3/8" wide. Cast in the underside are the letters R & L Obviously the side it fits .ALSO are the letters D-C in both. Desoto Chrysler ??

I had them listed on EBay for $50.00. Of course only Packard folks looked and didn't bid. Dan Canter sent me a note to straighten me out. I guess if anyone knows Packards it's him!

Guest Super Dave

Studs (1/4-20) spaced 2 9/16 center to center. Pretty close to 2 1/2" !! The studs screw into captive nuts that are in the mirror base. . There are small holes to the outside, but not enough room to put a drew driver in (?). Probably would be mounted with nuts and washers from inside the cowl. They sure look like they would fit your car. The shape of your molding looks like these.

If you cannot turn the screws through the holes then they will not work on Chrysler products. Chrysler cars have threaded nuts in the cowl that the mirror screws thread into. There is no way to get separate nuts on these studs once they are put onto a Chrysler product car. That is, of course, unless you want to drill through your fender and cowl

Joe is correct.

But Dave, does it look like one could get the studs out of there and modify the holes with a drill to take tapered headed screws?

I guess I wouldn't want to do that to a fifty dollar set of mirrors, but if the price was right I like to experiment.