Headlight Rim Clips

MikeC5

Has anyone got a good photo or two of how those clips are supposed to fit on the headlight buckets? (to secure the reflector and rim). I don't want to mangle them... There is a photo in one of the old D.B. Club newsletters but it isn't quite clear enough to see this detail..

Here you go Mike. A bit rusty with it being a parts lamp for the '25, but the clips, flat spring and other parts all there. The outer nickel rim has the brackets inside it to align with the bucket "hooks" shown in photos. Press hard equally down on rim and turn rim CCW 10 degrees to lock it under the hooks and reflector. Voila.

Mine are different too. If I get a chance I will post a photo of the clips; one of which has become detached and will need soldering back on. Mike, I know what you mean; I think these little devils are more tricky than they look. I found that just a little grease helps a lot when fitting the rim.

Ray.

Edit. Looks like Jay has just beat me to it. Mine are like that.:)

Edited by R.White (see edit history)

Top marks for that link 36 d2. The fahnestock clip certainly looks similar but is not quite the same. It might be a suitable replacement for a lost original though. Great stuff.

Ray.

Top Mark?...........Is that sorta like Pip Pip and Cheerio :)