1956 power brake Master Cylinder Reservoir

arnier

Has anyone out there had this item reproduced? I have seen this item on ebay along with the treadle vac but very rarely. I have not seen this item advertised by itself nor have I found any one that has this for sale. I have a machine shop fabricating one for me but I do not want to reinvent the wheel if this item is available.

I am also looking for a set of J bars for the rear bumper. I hear that some one has reproduced these. Any info?

Thanks

Arnie

1956 Buick Century mod 66

• 1 month later...
... Still looking for the j bars.

As are many people, unfortunately. I have yet to hear of anyone reproducing these commonly failed pieces, but one can always hope. From what I've heard from others more knowledgeable than myself, these rear bumper "J" bars rust out quite quickly due to their being made of thin, stamped steel and constant exposure to hot and cold cycles.

Leif's ingenious method of scavenging/fabricating a set off the top half of a donor bumper is pretty cool in my book -- nice results. The best solution of course would be to have someone reproduce a batch of them. Oddly enough, I have a pair that someone tried to "recreate" via casting them in (what I'm guessing to be) mild steel or pot metal and having them chromed. I bought them years ago off int'l eBay from a little shop in France. They actually fit and are heavy as heck. You'd hurt your big toe if you dropped one on accident. I'll dig them out of the storage box and upload a picture of them -- you'll get a laugh out of it.

Cheers,

Budd