Buick Parts STOLEN from My Space @ So. Bend!

bunchabuix

Sat. afternoon, my remaining parts were stolen, as I went to get my vehicle to then pack up. Taken were 1941 parts: Radiator, with a copper overflow tube soldered to the filler; rear bumper, used, fits 50/70; 1955 grille, 40/60, decent, minimal pit ; 1961 water pump, rebuilt, for 401 w/ AC; late 60s-early 70s rear air deflector for station wagon, beige color. This stuff may already be @ the metal scrap yard. My space was behind the Inn @ St Marys, backed up to the highway. the hotel security cameras did not have the correct angle. I filed a police report. Mike Book @ the BCA Nat'l Office was notified. Please be on the look out for these things. Thanks!

Guest my3buicks

How long were you gone, someone couldn't have just walked off with that much stuff in a few minutes. Also, surely people around your spot that had vender spots would have noticed someone loading up your parts, have you checked with other venders?

Guest wildcat465

It is sad that it has come to this...

I wish upon the thief cut fingers each time they touch those stolen parts.

Sad. :( I was there but did not see anything. I must have walked, or drove my 15 Buick by your stuff a number of times. If you would have asked, I'm sure one of us would have watched your stuff until you returned with your vehicle to load it. Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Fact is that 1 out of every three (3) people will either be dishonest, or will tolerate dishonesty.

People just don't want to get INVOLVED, so seeing something that looks strange, does NOT mean they will do anything about it.

If someone heard you say, I WILL BE BACK IN 15 MINUTES TO LOAD UP, well, they may have taken that clue and stole your stuff. I'm NOT saying you broadcast your intentions, I just know how some people work.

Sorry it happened to you,

Dale in Indy

OK Bunch: If you catch the rat/s punishment can be....

reimburse you financially for your loss

pay a heavy fine

send them over here so they can service my septic tank while I supervise.

Unfortunately, when law enforcement doesn't respond to the little stuff it really encourages stealing. Mitch

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lupocamino

Hi Jerry,

by chance I saw your posting. According to this my e-mail concerning the 6V-pump that I have just submitted to your e-mail-account seems to be only from minor priority.

Up to now I had the feeling that you are living in a safe place there. But it seems there's no difference about these lousy criminals all over the world. Sorry that I can not support you in searching for the parts and the clowns who have stolen it.

But I wish you good luck that you will be successful and the thieves will be punished. The proposal from Mitch to let them clean septic tanks seems quite plausible,

on cordial terms,

Wolfgang from Germany