HEMMINGS ARTICLE - 220,000-MILE 1954 BUICK & ORIGINAL OWNER

Marty Roth

This article appeared in the on-line link to Hemmings today, about a lady, the original and current owner of her 220,000 mile 1954 Buick:

Life-long love affair with a 1954 Buick Special | Hemmings Daily

Marty. Thanks for posting. I saw that as I am a subscriber to HCC magazine. I was going to send my copy to Mr. Earl because I just toss them after a couple of months. Nice magazine, but I get a lot of periodicals. Anyway, you can't get a more fantastic story then this one. Lady owned from new, 3 speed, no a/c yet moves to AZ. Then restored and joined the BCA. It makes me appreciate a simple 1954 Buick Special 4 door sedan. I tend to go back and get flagship cars, but I need to reconsider that bias. These non power laden old Buicks can provide a lot of hobby fun without great expense.

I really enjoyed the article about this car in the current issue of "Hemmings Classic Car", although there were a couple of references in the titles to the print article refering to the '54 Special sedan as a "Skylark Special". I thought to myself that one of the Hemmings editors is very confused!

I saw the car and met the very pleasant lady who owned at the National meet in 1993 in Phoenix, AZ. It was awarded a Gold as a driver...I remember significant wear on the front bias tires that was out of place with the near flawless condition of the car. Thanks for sharing.

Willie