I just couldn't bring mysef to clear over the rust/patina

I keep looking at this car and just can't bring myself to just clear over it. My wife, bless her heart, told me to spend what I need to get the tools to do what needs to be done and do it mysef. This 42 Ford started out to just get clear coated over the rust/patina. The more I find right with the car, low amount of rust and body is very straight and ALL hinges are tight, the more I want it to look as good as it can. To make a long story short, I started taking it apart toady to do it right. This however means I'll be asking several questions as I go, because I've never done body work and I just don't have the $$ to pay for a professional paint job.

post-90054-143141995872_thumb.jpg

post-90054-143141995875_thumb.jpg

post-90054-143141995878_thumb.jpg

http://www.autobody101.com has been a fantastic resource for me. The forums are excellent and there are many posts that will take you through the whole process from start to finish. I was very fortunate to read through this site before building my shop and purchasing most of my equipment. This saved me a lot of heartache because having a proper shop and proper equipment eliminates a lot of potential problems... and goodness know there are enough problems already!!

Here is a post that is a great start Advice for newbies • How to Paint Your Own Car, Auto Body Discussion Forum & Videos • AutoBody101.com

This post is a good one to read (although you may decide against painting it yourself after reading) New and wanting to paint • How to Paint Your Own Car, Auto Body Discussion Forum & Videos • AutoBody101.com

I also agree with taking a class. Read up on autobody101.com and then take a class. It is hard to beat hands on instruction.