Make your own inserts for storage lid trim

Find, fix, or fabricate, the 3F's of keeping old cars looking good and on the road.

After a several month casual search for these elusive rubber inserts, filling the shinny gaps came down to 3 choices. Send in one of my originals for duplication with a custom run of rubber, buy the lid complete to get the three inserts I needed, or make my own. Not being an absolute purest and knowing that my car will never be able to compete with a 10,000 mile trailer baby at a 100 point show, I chose #3.

This posting is for those that might want to do what I did. Including photo's this was a 30 minute job, writing up the instructions added an hour. Editing and sizing the file to post, I don't know yet. This is my first posting with attachment, Storage lid trim fabrication & installation.pdf even the PDF attachment has an undisclosed file size maximum and I keep trimming until it works.

If the attachment doesn't work as expected, I will keep it on file for a couple of months and send it by request to your regular email address.